Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ables Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2010, 08:47 PM
    How do I stop leaking around the hose cuff where the hose screws in?
    I just installed an above ground pool. I bought hoses from Home Depot because the ones that came with the pool were too short. I had to buy the hose by the foot so the ends have the coils and not the end pieces that the factory hoses have. I bought hose cuffs to screw onto the ends and then the cuffs clamp to the fittings. The hoses are leaking where they screw into the cuffs. I have tried teflon tape but they still leak. Any suggestions ?
    poolman64 Posts: 41, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2010, 04:45 PM
    Not sure this will apply to your problem, but when we replace end cuffs on our vac hoses we use silicone on the hose before we screw the cuffs onto the hose. Then we lay them out and let the silicone set overnight and we get a few more months of use out of the hose. Of course we are using the hoses for suction, and I am guessing you are working with return lines under pressure. This may or may not work for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool vaccuum hose cuff [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone know how to replace cracked pool vacuum hose cuff? I don't easily see how to get the old ones off and how they were attached securely in the first place. Thanks - Jody

Shower Hose Leaking, removed hose pipe drips [ 5 Answers ]

Previously it was leaking at the top where shower hose goes onto the threads of the pipe at top, I wrapped the threads with teflon tape so that now that part is dry, no leaking, but the hose continues to leak at the bottom (hand held piece). I totally unscrewed the shower hose from the pipe and see...

How to unscrew shower hose to cut the leaking part of hose [ 1 Answers ]

How to unscrew shower hose to cut the leaking part of hose: I found a crack or tear inside shower card near to end. I've successfully unscrew the shower head, but not able to unscrew the remaining, so that I can cut the damaged part out... it looks like new and shiney, but it's very tightout...

Water Hose Leaking [ 2 Answers ]

I had Stanley Steemer to come to my home to clean my carpet. I needed to hook up their machine to my water hose outside only to find out that when they turned on the water hose, water was leaking. Is this a sign that my pipes are busted?

Leaking drain hose [ 1 Answers ]

My drain hose that is attached to the washer and drains into the wall is leaking at the connection from the washer. How do you tighten the clamp? Is it possible I need to get a new clamp? So far I have cleaned up 2inch standing water 3 times in my laundry room. Each time I think I have it tight...

View more questions Search