Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hipone1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 05:06 PM
    How do I hook up to xbox live upstairs when my computer is downstairs?
    My boys have a bedroom upstairs & my computer is downstairs, how do I get their xbox 360 system hooked up for xbox live? I already have a wireless router for my laptop, what else do I need for xbox live?
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Nov 3, 2008, 08:21 AM

Xbox has a wireless receiver you can buy for $99, which is expensive and it doesn't work that well, or you can just run ethernet cable down to the router and plug it in. I'd suggest plugging it in but either way will work.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 02:29 PM

You have to buy a wireless receiver for the 360?

Man, I am never buying an XBOX 360, so many things that are free on the PS3 cost money on the 360. The wireless card and of course XBOX Live cost money but the PS3 comes with a wireless card and Playstation Network is free.
    czerno Posts: 76, Reputation: 6

Nov 13, 2008, 02:52 PM

The thing about the free stuff on the PS3 is that if you pay for the stuff for the 360 they are the same price. The online is very worth the money as I've played on both systems and the online experience on the 360 is far better. The 360 kept out stuff like the receiver to try to keep the price down and you can even get one without a hard drive for less than a Wii. It just preference but if a 360 came with the receiver and other things the prices would be the same. Personally I don't like the wireless internet on consoles.. seems to laggy to me. They were just trying to give different level of gamers different options.
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 03:04 PM

Also what has the ps3 got going for it really though that the 360 hasn't, the 360 is deffinetly worth it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I hook up xbox Live? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: how do you hook up xbox 360 on the PC for xbox live activication??

Hot water downstairs but not upstairs [ 5 Answers ]

Over the weekend the water has failed to run hot upstairs but still manages to run hot downstairs. Even the shower is freezing. Does anybody know what could be causing this? Thanks

Temperature settings for upstairs and downstairs [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, how would you suggest I set the 2 separate thermostats for the upstairs and downstairs. There is 1 stairway door between them and the downstairs is below ground level with a walkout door. Is it better in the winter to set the upstairs at a higher temperature than the downstairs or vice...

Hot water downstairs but not upstairs [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not getting hot water upstairs but I am downstiars. If I switch the shower on the run the tap upstairs at the same time the water gets warm but not hot but downstairs its really hot water:confused:

Upstairs too hot, downstairs too cold [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a 2-story house built in 1949 that has a forced air heating and air conditioning system. Of the 4 rooms upstairs, the 2 largest ones do not get cool enough. At the same time, the first floor is plenty cool and the basement is frigid. What is the most cost-effective and simple way to...

View more questions Search