Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fiona1402 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 04:53 AM
    Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer
    What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2009, 05:54 AM

Parole differs from probation. A judge may place a criminal on probation instead of sending him or her to prison. Criminals are paroled only after they have served time in prison.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Hello F:

Parole officers work for the Department of Corrections, and a probation officer works for the county. Other than that, there's really NO difference in what they do.. As ROLCAM pointed out, there's a difference in their charges, however.

excon
    sck4784 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 12:02 AM
    Hi read this http://www.criminaljusticeu.com/blog/differences-between-a-parole-officer-and-probation-officer/ article, I think it may be help you.
    sck4784 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2009, 12:04 AM

Hi read this Differences between a Parole Officer and Probation Officer Criminal Justice Schools | Criminal Justice Degrees | Criminal Justice Programs article, I think it may be help you.
    MissInformed16 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 08:42 PM

Probation = Provincial, so essentially the offenders ou are supervising are those sentenced to no more than a yr less a day in prison.
    Parole= Federal. Parole officers are supervising the more serious offenders who got fed time ( 1 yr plus a day). They get paid more and have a much lower caseload to watch over than probation officers.
    johnbrown6299 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 10:05 AM
    The question was "difference between each as officers?"
    johnbrown6299 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
    The question was sucinctly, What was the difference between each as officers?"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

Parole Officer Compliant [ 1 Answers ]

Who do you file a complaint with concerning a Parole Officer in Bmt TX. My boyfriend has been asking for his PO deputy officer and no one can assist him. The P.O pops up to the house with informing anyone, she knows he is on house arrest and can not leave certain times of the day yet she asks for...

Complaint against parole officer [ 17 Answers ]

I was wondering if I could file a grievance or some other complaint against my husbands parole officer or if he could, we live in Illinois.

Parole Officer Asking Intimate Questions [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! My boyfriend was charged by the police last Dec/08 for assault and damage of property! He DID NOT physically assault me! After two months of him being incarcerated in an Ontario Detention Centre he has been assigned a P/O. He is doing very well and is attending all of the agree'd counseling...

Petitioning to a Parole Officer [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to send a letter to my brother's parole officer asking for them to help my brother get help (rehabilitation). The system is broken, as he's been in and out of the system for almost 20 years now. He'll get out, can't find work due to his felon and he's released back into the same type...

View more questions Search