Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannonbug Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Apr 15, 2010, 09:11 AM
    George warren hickey jr
    Does anyone believe the book mortal error could be true? I believe that this book is a disgrace. The evidence is not stable and the judge ruled in favor of the hickeys. This is a ridiculous george warren hickey jr was my grandfather. He is the most noble man in the entire world.
    shannonbug Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Apr 15, 2010, 09:14 AM

Lawsuit is settled in favor of former Secret Service agent on February 3, 1998 :The sun look it up it is really interesting
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 15, 2010, 09:15 AM
    For those who don't know: Amazon.com: Mortal Error: The Shot That Killed JFK (9780312929893): Bonar Menniger: Books
    TheGreatGrizz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2010, 01:44 PM
    I absolutely believe that this is true, and if you don't believe it, I suggest that you try to read the book with an open mind. As Hickey made a mistake and was not guilty of any malfeasance, his stature as the "most noble man in the world" isn't affected.

Then too, if you had read the book, you would know that the author and publisher tried to contact him in advance of publicaton and he spurned them. He was not obligated to respond, but if he had anything to say in his own defense, he could have/should have responded.

I suggest that Howard Donahue was likely the "most noble man in the world" to his family.
    Steph MH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 02:23 PM
    My grandfather didn't respond to said requests for interview/comment because by the time the author attempted to speak with him, he was no longer in the condition to have that conversation. The book that was published was a disgrace. Anyone to publish such drivel should have found some proof beforehand and just maybe wouldn't have lost a lawsuit.
    Steph MH Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonbug View Post
    Lawsuit is settled in favor of former Secret Service agent on February 3, 1998 :The sun look it up it is really interesting
    Amen sister! People read the initial response saying the statute of limitations was up and they stop researching... News flash... There was a lawsuit... There was a verdict...
    TheGreatGrizz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 05:16 PM
    THERE WAS NO VERDICT!

There was an INSURANCE COMPANY SETTLEMENT!

An insurance company settlement ISN'T A VERDICT! It is what it is -- a SETTLEMENT!

Insurance companies pay to settle worthless lawsuits all of the time in order to save themselves litigation costs. Proves NOTHING!

Donahue DID prove his case concerning Hickey's responsibility. Anyone who says that he hasn't proved it hasn't read the book.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cancer from a hickey? [ 3 Answers ]

Well today I was shopping with my mom. And she saw I got a hickey. I know it's a bad thing. But she told me I could get cancer from it. Is that true? Or is it just another one of those story's that your parent's tell you to scare you so you won't do it again?

Most quick way to get rid of a hickey? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, so lastnight my boyfriend came over and we laid in bed for a little while. After about an hour things kind of got a little heated. He started sucking on my neck and breasts and all above them. My mother and step-dad came home, so he had to stop. We laid in my bed and pretended to be asleep...

A Hickey is what? [ 9 Answers ]

Strat - TK, In Electrician Speak, what does the term, "Hickey" mean?

How to make a hickey go awayyy [ 20 Answers ]

I've gotten a hickey once before but it wasn't as bad as the one I have now... my hair usually covers my neck so its not really a problem and plus its more towards the back but I was juss curious about different ways to make it go away I've heard scraching it with a quarter, combing it with a...

Warren national university [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know if this school is a good school? I would like to know the background of it.

View more questions Search