Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmedw014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 08:39 AM
    Theft under 5000, Canada, Ontario
    My last paycheque (over a thousand dollars) from my past employer was mailed to my previous residence, where the woman living there managed to cash my paycheque "by accident." When she was caught by the bank, she e-mailed me and confessed what she did. I filed a police report but they said that I cannot press charges because she is now agreeing to pay me back.(I've also contacted my past employer who have taken a hands off approach and will not become involved). She now says she will not pay me back in 2 months time. However, in a month and a half I am leaving the country for a year. I am concerned that she will not pay me back in 2 months and I'll be too far to deal with it at that point. Is it possible for me to demand she return it sooner?

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000 in ontario, canada [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I am 18 years old and was recently caught trying to walk out of walmart with unpaid cosmetics in my purse. The loss prevention officer took me to the back and read me my rights, and we waited for a police officer to arrive who charged me with theft under $5000. I have a date set for...

23 year old female caught in Wal-Mart for theft under $5000 in Ontario Canada, help? [ 1 Answers ]

I did it, and I'm ashamed. I will probably get chastised in the comments, but I do need some answers, so here I am. It happened at a Wal-Mart, all in all I took less than $40 worth of products. No police were involved at the time. It was my very first offence, I've had no priors, not even speeding...

Theft under $5000 in Ontario, Canada - court appearance in 3 days [ 19 Answers ]

Hi, My sister recently told me that you was caught shoplifting at Zellers in March and that she has to appear in court soon (she has been keeping this to herslef all this time). She was 18 when this happened and I have no clue what to do in this situation. We cannot hire a laywer (we can't...

Fraud and theft charges over $5000.00 in Ontario Canada [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine has been charged with theft and fraud. He embazzled over $80,000.00 while he was the president of a soccer association. He wrote himself checks and also took cash. He bankrupted the soccer association. Will he serve time in jail?? Will he have to pay back the money?? He has...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.