Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leelee2014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2014, 11:53 PM
    How much time would be excepted for him?
    My boyfriend was caught with a gun but has robbery in his past history how much time would be excepted for him

He's in Toledo Ohio
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 9, 2014, 05:06 AM
    leelee2014, please add a LOT more detail. We can't possibly guess based on what you wrote, although I would guess he's going to get the book thrown at him.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2014, 08:07 AM
    A felon with a gun.

Will he be tried in state court, or will they turn it over to the Federal Government.

If by the state, he can expect about 5 years in prison, with a sentence of 7 to 10 years and out early on parole

If in the Feds, he most likely will get 10 years
    rainacidbeer Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Nov 27, 2014, 08:32 AM
    Min 5 years
    Victoria Z Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2014, 09:34 PM
    Depends. Was he on probation ? Was the gun stolen ? Was it in his car when he got pulled over ? Or was he carrying it with him ? How old is he etc .
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 25, 2014, 07:32 AM
    ... caught with a gun ...
    Is he being charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm, or is he being charged with something else as well?

By-the-way, I believe the word you were looking for is "expected", not "excepted"..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the Rastafarian religion been excepted into our constitution [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if the Rastafarian religion has been accepted into our constitution and if it has, what kind of legal implications there are towards there practice and rituals

Can my boss take money out of my check if I excepted a bad check? [ 2 Answers ]

I excepted a bad check and my boss deducted it out of my check without my knowledge

I was excepted in to high school I can't afford [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my name is michael garner I am attending a attending school receiving all As and I participate in many different programs and community services I have recently been accepted into one of the best schools in the state of Michigan but my parents can not afford it and I would love more than...

Landlord excepted prorated check cashed it and decided to charge full month rent [ 2 Answers ]

We had let our land lords know that we would be able to afford full month rent and wrote a check for a prorated amount they excepted the check and cashed it the next day. The following day after we were already moved out she called and told us she would still be charging us for the full month. Can...

Payment must be excepted? [ 3 Answers ]

I was told once that a creditor has to accept a payment offered or drop the claim. Is this correct? Not credit cards. But an institution such as a hospital ?

View more questions Search