Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaymcbride Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Can I remove the "steel ball" in my pipe from WH to furnace?
    There is a "steel ball" of some sort that is in the pipe leading from water heater to hot water furnace. The ball rattles when the furnace comes on, and keeps me up at night. The HVAC tech said it has to stay in case the pipe burst, the ball would stop the water leaving the water heater. Someone help please!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Nov 19, 2012, 04:18 PM
    Sounds like some sort of check valve? If so, they should be able to install a check valve that will not make the rattling noise.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2012, 05:45 AM
    Sounds like it might be a heat trap or a check valve.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get a 2" galvanized steel pipe out of a stubborn cast iron fitting? [ 10 Answers ]

Here is my current situation: I am ripping out the old galvanized steel piping and will replace it with PVC, since I have the walls open for the bathroom remodel, which I am working on. I got everything already out with the exception of one little piece of galvanized steel pipe left. The...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Replace 1.5" galvanized steel (male threads) to 4" cast iron stack [ 1 Answers ]

I need to replace a drain line from an old double cast iron kitchen sink. The existing pipe is 1.5" galvanized steel which threads directly into female threads on a 4" cast iron stack. The male threads of the galvanized pipe broke off in the cast iron. I'm guessing the easiest solution is to...

View more questions Search