Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Apr 2, 2009, 01:16 AM
    Why did the powerful Empire of Ancient Rome fall?
    I have found many different answers on the internet and in books. But is there one big frank answer? :confused:

Thanks.
    Lightning55 Posts: 97, Reputation: 7

Apr 18, 2009, 02:58 PM

In one big frank answer : It was too big and had a huge area to support. Governing over wide areas usually causes many internal conflicts.
    mlaursen Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 01:12 PM
    Rome actually fell to a tribe called the Visigoths, where the word goth comes from. Romulus Augustus was the last Roman emperor. Constantine, the first Christian emperor and in 313 announced the 'toleration' of Christianity in The Edict of Milan, he is also Romulus for the Nicene Creed which is still used in most protestant churches today. In about May of 330 Constantinople was christened the new capital of Rome. This of course weakened the powerful empire of Rome which was already declining and this act just divided the empire even more. The Visigoths actually allied with Rome in 394 and the Roman empire was split. The Visigoths were a germanic tribe who were allowed the freedom to move further south into the Roman empire by the emperor Valens, who later recanted and refused to let them settle. The began to battle starvation and revolted. The Visigoths sacked the Balkan peninsula and took control over Rome in 410 A.D.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jun 28, 2009, 02:39 PM

All true along with self indulgence, greed, loss of purpose (from the original mandates of Rome), politics and more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rome total war [ 1 Answers ]

I play games like RTW and AOE on my PC. AOE does not really give me any trouble but, I just recently bought RTW and it’s making my PC run slower than normal while playing RTW. Is there something I can do to speed this up?

Empire Hotel NYC [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone stayed at the Empire Hotel in New York City? I'm looking for a 4-5 star hotel in December for a trip celebrating my significant other's 60th birthday? Any other recommendations near Lincoln Center?

How did Rome fall? [ 2 Answers ]

Did Rome fall because of Christianity?:D If it was please tell me. Thanks:) I appreciate it. And only tell me if it was Christianity:) :D :) THANKS!

Why did Rome fall? [ 14 Answers ]

Neocon 101 Some basic questions answered. What do neoconservatives believe? "Neocons" believe that the United States should not be ashamed to use its unrivaled power – forcefully if necessary – to promote its values around the world. Some even speak of the need to cultivate a US empire....

Rome bbc/hbo [ 7 Answers ]

When Titus Pullo is in the arena, one of the gladiators taunts him with something like... The 13th are all Mollies'. What are Mollies?

View more questions Search