Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2018, 06:57 AM
    Paying your bills early
    Electric bill is due 3/18/2018 but family pays the bill, on 2/28/2018. Does it matter one way or another with bills??
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 27, 2018, 07:03 AM
    No.
    I always pay mine online about 2 days before due.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2018, 08:38 AM
    The"due" date is the last date to pay a bill before it is late or fees and penalties may occur. If mailing a payment, always give an extra few days time.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2018, 09:45 AM
    Thank you. The member pays electronically. Rather than by check and mailing
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2018, 10:31 AM
    I was never a fan of last minute payments... so much can go wrong that will incur additional fees. I don't do electronic payments on stuff that doesn't provide a clear financial incentive for me to do it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 27, 2018, 10:46 AM
    If you wait for the "last day" there are things that can always happen. Their system may be down, your bank may have a bug and money does not transfer, and so on.

It is good to pay a few days early to be sure it is done.

I personally pay mine the day the bill comes, so it is always paid.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2018, 11:10 AM
    Very good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I pay off my debt while paying current bills? [ 2 Answers ]

How are people expected to pay off old debt with what minimum wage and what things cost. I have about $4,000 in debt and I honestly don't know what to do. I can't get a loan to pay off the debt because said debt exists. How do I fix this? Are there grants for this sort of thing? For a little...

Roommate not paying her bills [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I signed a 1-year lease with the landlord, and the landlord agreed that I can find a roommate, but she doesn't want to add her on the lease.. which is fine, so I found a roommate and signed a roommate agreement with this person. The electricity bills are in my name, and cable bills are in...

Paying bills after dying [ 4 Answers ]

My brother died without a will. He has a simple estate, valued less than $15000.00. He also has about $25,000.00 in equity in his home, which will be sold. He had some hospital bills, and owed about $7000.00 in overdraft protection on his checking account. Is he responsible for repaying out of his...

Paying medical bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I need help with my medical bills. My husband had to have surgery but we were in between insurances. We do have it now. There are the hospital plus doctor and anesthesiologist and others and its over 50,0000 and its killing us with the other household bills. Were starting to fall behind on...

Paying bills [ 1 Answers ]

Hey can they trun my hydro off if I am making pay ments?

View more questions Search