Ask
    dbennett1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2011, 11:10 AM
    How high can I turn a pumptrol pressure switch
    How high can I turn a pumptrol pressure switch for a home system
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 30, 2011, 11:59 AM

As high as you want but the higher the cut off pressure the more stress you put on the pump, the tank and the plumbing lines. Most people set to 30-50 lbs or 40-60 lbs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting pressure on Pumptrol Pressure Switch [ 9 Answers ]

Model #9013FSG2J21BP

Pumptrol pressure switch 9013fsq? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a pump with the switch pumptrol/square D 9013FSQ2... the water inside has been sputtering for about a week and last weekend, I came home to no water. I opened up the top of the switch and it was full of cobwebs so I cleaned it, turned the switched back on and bled the line and it worked...

How to wire a 20-40# pumptrol pressure switch for a deep well? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all: My daughter asked me to wire power to her deep water well... I will be using #12 2 wire w/ ground through a 20 amp circuit breaker to a 20-40# pumptrol pressure control switch... The pumptrol has four terminals in a line, the two end terminals are marked "L" and the two center terminals are...

Pumptrol pressure switch [ 1 Answers ]

I have a fsg2 square d well pump switch. If I want to get the max pressure, can I do it by adjusting one of the screws only? Charles

How to change sq. D pumptrol pressure switch? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I am using well water for my residence. Lately I start having pressure problem. The pressure switch is not activating when the water is flowing and the pressure goes down to 20 psi then drops to zero. After awhile the switch activates and build up the pressure to 100 psi. The switch is set for...

View more questions Search