Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timjacq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Humidity in outside wall
    We have found significant water in the wall cavity of an outside wall with no apparent pipe leakage. We urgently need to find the cause and remedy it, in a French "villa"-type house built about late '70's. The insulation in the cavity is fibre-glass. Any comments or suggestions?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Oct 21, 2008, 09:56 AM

Hard for us to guess where the leak is based on that information. Have you removed all of the drywall and insulation from the area? If so inspect for any gaps in the exterior skin from the inside. Also inspect the exterior to see if there is a place where water could be entering. Look for cracks and sealant that has failed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between wall humidity stain due to leaking or condensation [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, In our house we have a wall where behind there is a sewer pipe running through an open vertical space. Last months have appear 2 stains that we think are due to humidity: first one is yellow and has stopped after some weeks, second one black and even when it does not grow is becoming...

New A/C, but humidity is high. [ 22 Answers ]

Hello. I'm new to this site. Hope you all can help! So, my house in southern Louisiana is about 3 years old. It was new construction by a builder. That is, it was built for sale, not by a private individual for personal use. It sat on the market, empty and unoccupied, for about a year and a...

Off-coil humidity of AHU [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am new in this site. Can anybody tell me how the relative humidity works in a recirculating AHU. My indoor air temp is 24deg, 50% RH. When I cool this air to 13deg. Centigrade the RH is becoming 100%. Can I use this 100% RH air directly to space or do I have to use reheating to reduce th...

Humidity [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering where I should have my humidifier in my home. Should it be by a cold air return or farther away, or by the thermostat? Does it even matter as long as I keep it running?

View more questions Search