Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jodyhutch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Running 2 100 amp breaker boxes on 200 amp meter base
    I have 2 100 amp breaker boxes,but the meter base is 100 amp.Wanting to put 200 amp metet service with disconnect box.Can some one tell me if this is possible.and how you would connect the 2 breaker boxes to the disconnect box.Thank you
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2008, 02:49 PM
    You use two 100 amp disconnects, but this would need a wire trough to connect the 100 amp wires feeding the disconnects to the 200 amp wire from the load side of the meter.

Does this make sense to you? If not or if you have any other questions get back with them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running two 100 amp main panels from a 200 amp service [ 27 Answers ]

Greetings! I live in a rural country area. The electric company will be installing a pole, meter, and 200amp service with disconnect at pole. (It will require 50 foot run of service cable from pole to main load center in mobile). Currently the double wide has a General Electric 100amp Main...

Running 100 amp service panal 200 ft away from main 200 amp service [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking to find out how big the wire needs to be to carry the load. This will be a 100 amp service coming from a 200 amp main . It will need to travel 200 to 250 ft underground to a barn. If some one could help me that would be great thaxs)))

400 amp service, 2 200 amp panels, 320 amp meter socket [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first post here, but I have been reading a lot and have already learned a bunch. I want to thank TK already and hope you reply to this. I am in the process of designing my electrical system for my new home. I have some electrical experience, but am by no means a pro. I am...

Identify 100 Amp vs 200 Amp Household Breaker Box [ 10 Answers ]

In my home Breaker Panel there are two breakers connected by a bar (labeled "Service Disconnect"), each breaker has a "100" written on them. Is this a 100 amp or 200amp Breaker box? Salesman wants to know what size Breaker Box I have in order to order to correct tankless water heater.

Gauge of Wire From Meter to house,100 amp fuses,200 feet run. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am intending to replace some wire that runs for 200 feet, from my meter to my house.I live on an island, so the run is quite long ! At either end are breaker boxes with 100 amp fuses in each.Never had any trouble/ fuse blows etc. The old wire (each of the 3 strands) are a little...

View more questions Search