Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjwilliams72 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Mobile home title
    My husband was given a mobile home for payment of services and was given power of attorney over it. Eight years later... we are currently living and renovating it and I was wondering how we get a clear title for it?
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Nov 8, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Im kind of confused by your question. Are the previous owners still on title? If not then unless you and your husband have liens or judgments against you the title should be clear.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 8, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Motor homes are generally titled like cars. The property they sit on is either rented or deeded. I have no idea what Power of attorney has to do with this. A POA is used to give you the right to sign legal documents for a person incapable of doing so.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 9, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Comments on this postkanicky73 agrees: The land is not always rented or deeded. Some people own the mobile home and the land. We need more info either way.

Huh? If they own the land than its deeded. There are only three possibilities here:

1) the plot is rented from a third party
    2) they own the plot and have a deed
    3) they are given permission from the owner to use the property without rental. This might happen if they are placing the home on a parents property or something like that.

But generally, the site is either rented or deeded.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Nov 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
    I guess what I meant to say is that its usually one way or the other. Either they own the land its on or they rent it. Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my comment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Title on Mobile Home [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, The management of my trailer park wants to give away 4-5 older mobile homes that have been abandoned and that there are no titles for. How complicated is it going to be for me to get the titles so I can fix them up and rent them out? I live in Colorado. Thanks ahead of time for any...

Mobile home. [ 4 Answers ]

If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer. Thank you for your help!

Mobile home title [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I paid off my trailer years ago.I went to get insurance on it and found out there's a lien on it,the finance company is no longer in business.How do I go about getting this lien off so I can get insurance?

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

Mobile Home Tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm reinstalling a garden tub in an early 80's mobile home. It has an above floor drain, and I'm a little confused as to how to hook it up. It is against a wall with no access to the drain from the rear or underneath. Any help would be appreciated. This is my first experience with plumbing a...

View more questions Search