Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kazae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 12:55 AM
    Deed Of GIft
    Hi I was wondering if you could help me. I have seen a house valued at 132k, however cannot afford the house as have no deposit. The seller is willing to accept 110k. I have been told by my bank that I could put in an offer of 110k. So my purchase price would be 110k my offer of loan would be 110k and my deposit would be 22k if we had a deed of gift (legal document) also known as a concessionary gift advising how much valued (132k) and how much purchase price is (110k) difference is 22k. So the seller would still be getting what they want for the house and we can get the deposit this way as well. Can you please advise if possible as mortgage advisor advised of this, but solicitor not sure?

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 08:08 AM

Hello k:

I think you're confused, or we're not talking about US laws...

You're not going to fool the bank into believing that you put down $22k because the seller discounted the house by that much. You're still applying for a loan of $110k with NO down payment, and the bank isn't going to DO that.

I also don't understand why you think the seller is getting his asking price. Please tell us how this "deed of gift" is going to help the seller... Can he SPEND it at his grocery store?? I don't think so. Can he use it to get a deduction on his taxes?? Nope.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2009, 08:28 AM

Yes plese tell us where you are at, since obviously this is not the US

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deed of Gift [ 1 Answers ]

Can a deed of gift be void if Donee dies after Donor gives to him

Gift Deed [ 2 Answers ]

A friend gifted me a property in California while it was in foreclosure, I made up back payments and now he said it was a "deed in lieu of foreclosure " He said he is going to rescind the contract. There is no contract and am I out of $65,000.00?

Quitclaim or deed of gift? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I are separated and we are currently in the process of dividing and settling our property. He remained with the house and is trying to refinance the house mortgages (original and home equity) as well as a loan we have for property we jointly own. One of the finance companies...

Quit Claim Deed or Deed of Gift [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé and his brother are dividing a couple of properties from their mother's estate. She passed away 6 years ago and they did probate the will during that timeframe. They are trying to establish the best way to divide the property at this time with as little tax penalties as possible. Which...

Deed (gift) of house [ 7 Answers ]

My father is nearing the end of his life. He has arranged his affairs such that instead of willing me his house, he is in the process of transferring the house to me via deed, reserving life estates to him and my mother who is also dying. Since he is doing this prior to his death ,and as such the...

View more questions Search