Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janet Woodgate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 3, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Passenger list for SS Oriana in 1968
    Need urgently to find passenger list for ss oriana, left Southampton Uk & sailed to Australia in 1968
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 3, 2013, 11:58 AM
    It sailed several times a year - do you want passenger lists for the entire year?

May 4, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Yes please, as don't know what month people I am looking for, arrived in Melbourne. Many thanks
    Uber Member

May 4, 2013, 07:08 AM
    I just don't think you can be serious - you would have to contact the shipline, the successors, ask for the passenger manifests. I would not be surprised if they don't exist.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 4, 2013, 07:12 AM
    I did a quick Google on it and I have to point out that this is not something that anyone here is going to be able to do. I am even willing to bet that those records probably don't even exist anymore.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 4, 2013, 07:16 AM
    Agreed - the ship line might respond to a request for one sailing, but not the entire year, at least without paying a fee.
    Uber Member

May 4, 2013, 08:13 AM
    The manifests are public record - Passenger records held in Melbourne - Fact sheet 172

A genealogy site (which is my guess what this is about), usually requires a fee, usually has good info, not necessarily verified.

I do this sort of thing for a living - and it takes hours and hours of time.

May 7, 2013, 09:52 PM
    Thank you for your advise, still trying the link you suggested, as I now know that it was the Oriana June 1968 Manifest that I am looking for, so far with no luck.
    Do appreciate you took the time to answer.
    This is not a genealogy thing though, but important evidence for an appeal case
    Uber Member

May 27, 2013, 08:20 AM
    "I don't think it's available in the web, I think it's confidential you can ask the airlines about it for sure answer.

What airlines? It's a ship line.

And, yes, the info is available, as I said. Not everything is on line, but it is available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ss oriana passenger list [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to enquire the date when the ss Oriana left Southampton in 1963 for a voyage to Australia via Colombo? My eldest son, then a baby, and I travelled on the voyage as far as Colombo.

Cruise Ship Oriana Passenger List 1964 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site and I am not sure if this question can be answered or even if I am posting it in the correct category, but here goes... My parents and I emigrated from Sydney, Australia in June 1964 on the (original) cruise ship Oriana bound for the United States. My mother...

Oriana 1 passenger lists [ 8 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to find the passenger lists for the Oriana between 1963 and 1966. We travelled to and from Australia at those dates, (I think). Is there any place I can look? Thank you, Keith Powell

Where can I find the cruise ship ss oronsay 1968 passenger list? [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to find the passenger list for the 1968 cruise liner ss.oronsay departed from england in 1968 and destined for auckland, new zealand in 1968 that same year

View more questions Search