Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    007bradz Posts: 22, Reputation: -2

Jul 14, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Swineflu & School
    I mousied on over to my school's website where I saw this on the 'News' section:

"Swineflu newsletter sent out to all parents; to view this online click here.."
    So I clicked and it had things like "Should your child develop any symptoms please keep him/her at home untill symptoms no longer persist."

First, Has swineflu actually got this dangerous?
    Second, How many people do you reckon will use this as an excuse for days off?
    (I would, but I gots a day of football tomorrow which idhave to be paid to miss.)
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 12:42 PM

Well you can't just use swine flu as an excuse to take off school because your parents would be required to give a doctors. Excuse stating that you had the swine flu from whatever date and then usually an expected return date.
    Parents can usually write (or at least in the old days) a letter saying they were absent for two or three days but needed a doctors excuse for any more than that.
    With swine flu I am sure you would be out more than two or three days anyway.
    Also if you are going to be out more than a few days they will have your homework assignments given to you in advance so you would be expected to have them all caught up when you went back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

School grant to go back to school [ 3 Answers ]

I am a single 48 yr old lady and I don't have mean to just go back to school but I work as a nursing asst but would like to know how to go back to school is there any grants that will help me do so?

Is is a poll for any middle school or high school kids about drugs? [ 6 Answers ]

What kind of drugs are being sold at your schools? How easy is it to get? Where are you from? This is a seriouse question I'm curiouse to no if it matters where you are from or if all schools are alike...

If I go school in a different town and that town secedes can I go to school there? [ 2 Answers ]

I currently live in a town, but attend school in another town, and the town that I go to school in secedes from the county, can I still go to school there? It's a public school. I live in Cook county, and 5 towns are trying to secede from it. My school is in that list, however, where I live is...

Home school vs. Public school? [ 53 Answers ]

My husband and I have decided to home school our children because we do not feel that the public education systems are very good these days. When we were in public school the teachers spent more time trying to control and disipline the class or individual students then they spent teaching. I also...

View more questions Search