Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsmondoc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 03:41 PM
    How do I calculate the Price per share of a common stock using these variables?
    Sales = 10,000 units
    Sales Price per unit = $10
    Variable Cost per unit = $5
    Fixed Costs = $10,000
    Bonds Outstanding = 15,000
    Kd = on Outstanding Bonds = 8%
    Tax Rate = 40%
    Shares of Common Stock Outstanding = 10,000
    Beta = 1.4
    Krf = 5%
    RPm = 4%
    Dividend Payout Ratio = 60%
    Growth Rate = 8%

I would like to know how the answer is derived. I have spent all day on this but I am missing something.
    Thanks,
    dsmondoc
    Toni Mills Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 02:04 PM
    I have a similar question. Can someone help?
    BigCip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2009, 09:13 PM
    I am not sure what you are asking for exactly?
    sharpan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 03:54 AM

Understanding Price to Sales Ratio

One ratio you can use is Price to Sales or P/S ratio. This metric looks at the current stock price relative to the total sales per share. You calculate the P/S by dividing the market cap of the stock by the total revenues of the company.

You can also calculate the P/S by dividing the current stock price by the sales per share.

P/S = Market Cap / Revenues
    or
    P/S = Stock Price / Sales Price Per Share

Much like P/E, the P/S number reflects the value placed on sales by the market. The lower the P/S, the better the value, at least that's the conventional wisdom. However, this is definitely not a number you want to use in isolation. When dealing with a young company, there are many questions to answer and the P/S supplies just one answer.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 02:30 AM

Is this homework? Sounds like it. You might try posting this on the homework forum -- real investing and finance homework are two different things:
    Finance & Accounting - Ask Me Help Desk
    sharpan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 06:36 AM
    I think you did not go through the above post before I posted the answer, always try to read the compelete forum before reply... that makes sense to the receiving and sending end...
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2009, 02:53 AM

Excuse me? Are you talking to me? I believe I have just a few more posts here than you do. I did read everything in the thread.

I was making a point that homework should go in the homework section, and that things in real life aren't necessarily the same as in a classroom setting. Somehow I think it is I who understands that concept better than you.

You didn't even answer the question. You explained what price to sales is. The question was the price of the stock. It did not ask a ratio. And neither of your equations can even be solved with the given info. There is no P/S, market cap or stock price given in the problem.

And you're telling me I should read before I post? Why don't you try doing the same?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Common stock [ 7 Answers ]

When Jolt Co acquired 75% of the common stock of Yelts Corp, Yelts owned land with a book value of $70,000 and a fair market value of $100,000. 1) What amount should have been reported for the land on a consolidated balance sheet, assuming the economic unit concept was used? A) $70,000 B)...

Calculate earnings per share [ 1 Answers ]

Net income = $182 ... Year1... Year2 Preferred stock, $5 par, 15%... $120... $120 Common stock, $10 par... $220... $220 Additional paid-in capital-common stock... $110... $110 Retained earnings... $1050... $940 Ttl stockholders' equity... $1500... $1390

Calculate earnings per share [ 2 Answers ]

Quark company earned $90,000 in income and paid cash dividends of $10,000 to preferred shareholders during the current year. Quark had 12,500 weighted-average shares of common stock outstanding for the year. Calculate the company's earnings per share.

Common stock [ 1 Answers ]

Suppose you bought common stock in a company. Three years from now, how would you know if your analysis was correct? What would convince you that your analysis was wrong?

View more questions Search