Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anne197927 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2012, 01:45 AM
    Privacy act
    I work for a company where recently I was issued my first verbal warning for tardiness.I have worked here for 7 years.My supervisor showed my private document to another employee who gossips a lot.I find her lack of discretion very unprofessional.Does this violate the privacy act?If so what should I do about it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 6, 2012, 02:27 AM
    Unless you work for a federal agency then no, although it is very unprofessional.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2012, 04:19 AM
    What "privacy act"? There is no one privacy act. ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. Or we need to know the specific act you refer to.

But this does not appear to be illegal, though it is unprofessional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Privacy act violations? [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an HOA community and is serviced by a local management company. Recently we have had some issues with two home owners that were denied requests to changes property. A few days ago I was approached by two home owners and received an email from another homeowner regarding emails that...

Privacy act violations? [ 4 Answers ]

I applied for a job with the federal government. I was called by a close friend to say I got the job. I also received another email from another friend, a contractor who said welcome in into the job. Once this info was realsed by the selection official someone who knew me made a call and advised...

Violation of Privacy Act? My privacy rights violated? [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord in retaliation for me serving him with a 60 day notice to move because he failed to fix problems told a creditor who was only calling to verify my resident that the vendor denied me the credit I needed because of that statement. Were my rights violated? Terry

Privacy Act Violation [ 4 Answers ]

I was just wondering if you can tell me if I have an account at a credit union, and no one is on the account but me, should balance information or any information be given to anyone but myself? I'm a employee of the credit union, and my spouse has an account there, but I'm not on his account. He...

1974 privacy act [ 1 Answers ]

I work as a federal police officer. A co-worker of mine revealed to me that my former detachment commander showed her my medical records and made disparaging and derogatory comments about the contents. Is this a privacy act violation and if so what do I do about it?

View more questions Search