Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slavedriver Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 09:12 AM
    Painting quote
    How do I calculate the price of painting a wall
    columbr Posts: 7, Reputation: 4

Jul 13, 2008, 09:37 AM
    If you are referring to how much paint you should buy then use a rule of thumb whereby a gallon of paint will cover between 300 and 400 square feet of wall or ceiling space. Surface prep is important for a long lasting paint job without problems, such as peeling or crackling. Deglossing by sanding or chemical products need to added in. If the walls have not been painted for a while then make sure you include the cost of a tinted primer sealer. If your walls or ceiling are stucco double the amount. Pop corn ceilings would be about 1 and a half times as much. If you just intend on throwing on a coat of paint the figure above should suffice.
    SnakeBite Posts: 68, Reputation: 4

Jul 25, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slavedriver
    How do I calculate the price of painting a wall
    I charge 50 cents per square foot for wall space - (drywall or plaster.) That is only labor for painting...
    Prep, paint and supplies are extra.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 25, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Snakebite's quote is right on my number, pros may charge 75 to 1.00 labor only.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2008, 03:04 AM
    There are some factors that are unknown here, such as: Is the wall textured in any way, and if so, what kind of texture? Is the paint to be put on to be applied with a brush, roller or by spray of some kind? Plus, we don't know how many coats or the sheen of the paint that is to be applied or whether it will be latex or oil-based, depending on the texture of the wall. Is this interior or exterior? And, how large of an area is this seemingly just a single wall? Perhaps it is the outside wall of a large building!

Many factors to be considered here...

It would be helpful to have more information before coming up with definitive conclusions as far as prices. Prices will also vary greatly depending on the location where the work is to be performed.

Just my take on things...

Thanks for putting up with me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting Quote [ 1 Answers ]

When bidding an interior paint job by the square foot how do I consider the height of the room? In other words, a 10 X 10 room with 8 ft. ceilings is different than a 10 X 10 room with 10 ft. ceilings. Also, how do I figure in the windows and trim?

Anyone know this quote? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard a quote the other day that I liked and now I forgot it and where I heard it. It goes something like this There's the truth... (something like opinions or lies), and (something to do with opinion census being worse than lies?) I'm sorry but I have very little info on it. There's 3...

Quote this job. [ 9 Answers ]

I had a local electrician come in a do some work for me that entailed the following. Install two overhead lights to existing lightswitch. Crawl space above ceiling readibly accessible. This was probably the most difficult thing I asked them to do. Wired to existing wiring. Install two...

A quote from my mom [ 22 Answers ]

My mom always says... "For some women any guy is better then no guy at all." After reading some of the posts in the relationship section I thought that this might be a good discussion starter. What does everyone think? Is my mom right?:cool:

Looking for a quote [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a quote that says the same thing as, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Thanks.

View more questions Search