Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EMPIRE4001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2006, 03:54 PM
    Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin.
    Washing machine will not drain. The drum will not spin. It make a loud whirring/grinding noise.

There is no obvious blockage and have checked the pump. The pump is working fine and the impeller spins.

Is this a blockage in the pipe or something else
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2012, 12:52 PM
    If your washer doesn't spin or pump water out but the motor is running, your washer probably has a frozen pump pulley. If so, you need to replace the pump. To check the pulley, remove the pump from the washer and try to rotate the pulley manually. If it doesn't turn freely--if it's frozen or stiff--replace it.
    Source: Repair Clinic

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washing Machine won't spin [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Kenmore 70 series Washing Machine that stopped spinning today. I can hear the motor whirring and all the other features still work - just no spin. I have tried the spin cycle on all the diff "levels" (delicate etc) and still no spin. Got a load of wet clothes in there though :p...

Washing machine drain overflow [ 17 Answers ]

When the washing machine drains, the drain pipe overflows even after I successfully flushed the drain line with a bladder and power hose. I also flushed the vent system, but there is still overflow. What now coach?:confused:

Kenmore Elite Catalyst Washing Machine doesn't spin [ 32 Answers ]

I'm not sure if I have the correct model number. Nothing on back of washer. Under lid: SM 9710768-C. This is a Kenmore Elite Catalyst heavy duty, top load, king size capacity, ultra quiet pak, 3 speed motor with 6 speed combinations washing machine. I've tried both spin speeds, but neither work....

Replace toilet drain with washing machine drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about taking a toilet drain and turning it into a drain for a washing machine.

Washing Machine Won't Spin [ 4 Answers ]

I have a washing machine that won’t spin on its own. I bought a front loader from Sears, says Kenmore but believe it is a Frigidaire, Model #417.41042000. When machine is in the agitate cycle, the motor will not run unless I physically help it. When it starts it only goes for about 8 seconds...

View more questions Search