Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lakshmi1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 11:21 PM
    Can H1b visa get cancelled if I resign the job and not joined in another job
    Hi ,

I have been working for company A and due to some issues I may be forced to resign the job ,Will they cancel the Visa once I resign the job and it will take some time for me to get some other company .So transferring the visa at this time is not possible... My visa is valid till 2011.Please tell me some way to safeguard my visa.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 11, 2010, 10:12 AM

You have 30 days to do a transfer, otherwise you would have to leave. Your visa is automatically terminated as soon as your employment ended, so the exp date in your passport does not mean you can maintain legal status in US.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in F1 visa and my wife is on h1b since oct 2008. I have income from my school job. [ 1 Answers ]

I am on F1 visa since September 2005 and my wife is on H1B since oct 2008. I have income from my school job. Officially I have to file 1040 NREZ ( for non resident) form and my wife have to file 1040 form(for resident). My query is whether we should file taxes together or we should file taxes...

Distinguish between job description,job specification and job rotation [ 1 Answers ]

Distinguish between job description,job specification and job rotation

Tragic H1b visa story, no real job and salary but a need to pay tax [ 1 Answers ]

While preparing for Residency in USA, came across a Research company, that offered to sponsor H1b visa and A guaranteed job. They even charged me for lawyers fee And visa fee plus training fee ($5000). The visa was Approved but now it looks like there is no job in the Company, they are...

H1B Visa job change [ 2 Answers ]

My h1b visa is approved and I will get my stamp in October. My question is if I can change my job till October? My employer didn't keep promises he gave to me and I want to quit my job I don't know if I can change my job till I get my stamp.

US B1/B2 visa status after H1B visa was cancelled [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We have a US B1/B2 multiple entry visa issued in 2001 good for 10 years. My family and I used this visa in 2002. In 2006, I applied for H1B visa and was approved but the consulate required some more documents from my prospective employer and was only provided after 10 months so our passports...

View more questions Search