Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katemay07 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 05:34 AM
    What's Happening To Me?
    My Last Real Period Was On 16th Of June I Am Now 14 Days Late But Out Of The Blue I Have Come On. Im So Confused Ive Never Missed A Period Or Been Late Ever. I Was Really Hoping I Was Pregnant My Husband An I Got Married Last Year And We Both Really Want A Baby. Can Anyone Give Me Some Advice?
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jul 25, 2007, 05:45 AM
    You could still be pregnant,or you could be late from stress.If you were on birth control pills in the recent months,your body is out of whack and needs time to adjust your horomone levels back to normal.Good luck.:)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Have you taken a HPT? I would advise doing that first. Sometimes nature just likes to throw a curve ball at us every so often. It is possible that it could be pregnancy, or a missed abortion (natural abortion or early miscarriage), and just as possible that it is irregularity, which happens every so often. What Pompno said about coming off BC is true, if you were on any type of hormonal BC, it can alter your cycle for a few months..

Jul 25, 2007, 06:47 AM
    I have I've taken 4 hpt and I came off the pill last July. Its just so out of the ordinary
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 07:52 AM
    I would go to your doctor and ask for a quantitative blood pregnancy test as they are much more accurate (they test for the exact amount of HCg in the blood, even the tinyest amount).. If the test results are negative, I would ask him what he thought the problem may be. I still wouldn't rule out missed abortion, and he can probably tell if this happened. It is probably just a strange period. We all get them from time to time. Keeps us on our toes :) Good luck!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katemay07
    My Last Real Period Was On 16th Of June I Am Now 14 Days Late But Out Of The Blue I Have Come On. Im So Confused Ive Never Missed A Period Or Been Late Ever. I Was Really Hoping I Was Pregnant My Husband An I Got Married Last Year And We Both Really Want A Baby. Can Anyone Give Me Some Advice?
    First, take alkalineangel's advice. Get that blood test.

If it comes out negative, it was probably just an irregular period. The hormones in our bodies are constantly changing, and no matter how regular a woman has been in her past, she is bound to have an irregular period from time to time. Its nothing to worry about, things like that are all just due to hormones :)

Jul 26, 2007, 03:20 AM
    I'm just worried that if I go to the doctors he's going to say there is nothing wrong with me! I really don't know what to do I'm so confused I had all the feelings like I was pregnant and now I feel so low.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Being afraid won't make you better though. I doubt he will just look at you and say "sory nothing wrong" he will actively try and help you, at least if he is a good doctor he will, and if he doesn't, fire him.

Jul 30, 2007, 04:31 AM
    Well I've taken your advice I've make an appointment with my doctor just so that I know what is going on. Thanks for the advice.
    Nikus98 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 10:25 AM
    I'm also 13 days late and have no idea what is going on. I've taken numerous tests and all (but 1) say not-pregnant! But after the one that said yes, all the rest have said no! I've been told not to test until after 2 weeks of missed, but it's killing me! Maybe we are in the same boat!

Niki
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikus98
    I'm also 13 days late and have no idea what is going on. I've taken numerous tests and all (but 1) say not-pregnant! But after the one that said yes, all the rest have said no! I've been told not to test until after 2 weeks of missed, but it's killing me! Maybe we are in the same boat!

Niki
    If you got a positive, even just once, you are more than likely pregnant. False positives are rare. You should wait 2 weeks after your missed period to take the HPT, and you should always use your first morning urine, it is the most accurate. :)

Jul 31, 2007, 03:04 AM

Niki
    I think you should see your doctor, that's what I'm doing just to ease my mind.
    Let me know how you get on thou

Jul 31, 2007, 09:37 AM
    I tried to make an appointment with my doc and I can't get in until August 28th. I also left her a message as she is out of town until August 14th. I'm guessing I am not pregnant just because all the tests say no, even though I have other symptoms. However, I don't believe it I guess since I have yet to have my period. I left a message for an OB/GYN I saw a while back hoping she would just ease my tension, hopefully she will call me back today! Now what should I do?

Niki
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 09:40 AM
    I tried to make an appointment with my doc and I can't get in until August 28th. I also left her a message as she is out of town until August 14th. I'm guessing I am not pregnant just because all the tests say no, even though I have other symptoms. However, I don't believe it I guess since I have yet to have my period. I left a message for an OB/GYN I saw a while back hoping she would just ease my tension, hopefully she will call me back today! Now what should I do?

Niki
    Have you tried taking another HPT, using your first morning urine? If you can't get in until the 28th there really isn't anything you can do, just keep testing, at least twice a week, until your appointment.

Jul 31, 2007, 09:50 AM
    I took one this morning and it said no. :confused: I was almost in tears when the guy at the doc's office told me I couldn't come in until the 28th! Hopefully the other doc will call me back today! :o
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 09:51 AM
    I took one this morning and it said no. :confused: I was almost in tears when the guy at the doc's office told me I couldn't come in until the 28th! Hopefully the other doc will call me back today! :o
    My best guess would be that you are not pregnant, but that's just a guess based off someone I have never met, so don't quote me on that. Keep in mind, HPT's are wrong a LOT. But to be on the SAFE side, stay away from drugs, alcohol, etc. Anything that could harm a possible baby that could be inside of you.

Jul 31, 2007, 10:01 AM
    I'm going to go to Planned Parenthood today to get a blood test. Then we will know for sure. I'll keep the appt with my doc, and if next month my period doesn't come, then we'll go from there and I'll see the doc.

Thanks for all your help,
    Niki
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2007, 10:02 AM
    You're welcome :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening please help [ 6 Answers ]

as long as I can remember werid things have always happen to me, dreams I dreamt came true, I could tell you when the fone was going to ring n who it was for, and when ever I was around strange sounds would happen and t.v lights etc would go werid. But recently things have got worse, when I was...

What's happening to me [ 11 Answers ]

I have had normal periods and I am taking the pill This month even though I am on the pill I strted bleeding 2 days prev and then stopped I woke up early one morning and found that I was covered in blood which has never happened and have been very heavy bleeding since ? And very very painful...

What's happening [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year and 1 month now and we have been trying FOREVER and there is noway that I can get pregnant and I'm starting to think that there is something really wrong with me I have friends that are getting pregnant no problem and I can't seem to get...

What's happening [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 2 weeks late getting signs of pregnancy but 3 tests say no. what's going on

What's happening to me? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi to everybody I have been on the depo shot for about 2 years. I was suppose to go the shot again in August and I never went back. Its been 5 months since I have been off it. I was regular on my period but I have missed it last month and this month ( DECEMBER AND JANUARY) what's going on. Someone...

View more questions Search