Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pete6592 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2010, 08:05 PM
    Thermostat Wiring - Green Wire to B terminal
    I just replaced an old Honeywell mercury thermostat with these series of letters and numbers on the inside: HB2 T222A 1012 1 with a new RTH2300. There were 3 wires in the old thermostat, red connecting to R, white connecting to W, and a green wire connecting to B. Where do I put the green wire in the new thermostat?
    richpetek Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2010, 03:51 PM
    If you have a forced air furnace either gas or electric the Green wire is for the fan and should connect to G, however check the manual in the following link as there are exceptions.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techlit/pdf/PackedLit/69-2327ES.pdf

Please note on page 7 number 6 there is a JP1 switch that needs the correct position if wire G is used.
    Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace guso50-2 thermostat wiring instructions for 2 wire thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to hook up a 2 wire heat only thermostat as the door with the weiring diagram is missing it's a goodman guso50-2?

Green wire in thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I am replacing an old 3-wire thermostat with a Honeywell programmable thermostat. It will be connected to an old oil-fired burner (no AC). The red and white wires are easy to figure out, but there is a green wire that had become disconnected, so I don't know where it was connected originally. ...

Yikes! Does the blue thermostat wire go to the C terminal? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. I'm trying to install a Honeywell RTH7600 programmable thermostat. I've detached my old thermostat, and I'm trying to figure out how to match up the wires. It's heat and air conditioning, and the old thermostat was a pretty basic, older round variety (also honeywell). Problem is that I...

Wiring a thermostat with one are terminal with two transformers [ 8 Answers ]

I just bought a White Rodgers IF8RF-275 wireless remote sensor thermostat. It has only one R terminal, while my old system had a Rh and a Rc. I have an oil furnace hot water heat and a central A/C system. Each has its own transformer. How DO I wire the thermostat?

Wiring a 2 wire thermostat to a 4 wire system [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace equipped with central air.The compressor is shot in the AC unit,and I needed to replace the thermostat so I bought a heating only thermostat.I have the blower and the w wires together on the w terminal designation and the rh on the r terminal designation, and I have the y wire...

View more questions Search