Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sjimenez5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2015, 04:56 PM
    Hair dye during pregnancy?
    Is it safe to dye my hair with box color while pregnant. The box says it is ammonia free and there is no bleach in it. I keep getting different answers and I'm not sure what to believe.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 4, 2016, 04:51 PM
    Don't dye your hair with anything while pregnant !
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2016, 08:25 PM
    It is okay to dye hair during pregnancy as long as it is done in a well ventilated area. Now, the dye may take quicker than usual, or it may take longer, but the dye is not harmful to mother or baby.

Since this was asked in December, I'm pretty sure the OP has already made her decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to re dye my hair from light to dark how long after u dye your hair can u redo [ 0 Answers ]

Attempted to go from dark brownish black hair to light brown with blonde highlights, and my hair is a bronze and gold color now, if I buy a dark color will my hair take it and will my hair be severely damaged from too much hair dye to fast?

I've just put a light brown hair dye on my blonde highlighted hair.can I re dye it [ 1 Answers ]

I've just put a brown hair dye on my blonde highlighted hair. Its not brown enough. Can I put another hair dye on or is it too soon?

Pregnancy and hair dye? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to colour my hair while I'm pregnant? I'm planning on using a semi permanent because I'm trying to grow out my black dye and my roots look awful! I heard the fumes can be harmful and also that when your pregnant you hair doesn't take to hair dye...

Dark home hair dye to Light salon dye. Will my hair fall out? [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for about 7 years now. I have used both home hair dye kits as well as visits to salons to have my hair done. After having a few bad experiences with certain salons (eg. Colorists dying my skin as well as my hair, bad and wrong coloring... etc... ). Although it has been...

Hair dye and pregnancy [ 6 Answers ]

Is it safe to dye my hair while I'm pregnant amd if so does it have to be a certain kind or no?

View more questions Search