Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bluepersonality Posts: 39, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2018, 02:14 PM
    Online jobs??
    Hello,
    I have a full time job running the office of an automotive repair shop. There isn't much I can do to keep myself busy during the day, but I've got to stay in the office to take care of the phones & customers. I am wondering if you know of any legit ways I can make money online. I am not proficient in much of anything, so I know I'm not going to get a great job, but I'm OK with that. Just something I can earn a little bit of cash with. I'm so tired of trying to sort through scams and BS. I am an above average typist, so I've got that going for me. I love Bing Rewards, but want more.
    Do you know of anything?
    Thanks!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 11, 2018, 03:05 PM
    There is nothing, sorry. Years ago there were, but no one needs to hire anyone anymore, with new apps every day.
    As for typing, even if someone wanted it (they don't, unless you are an in-house employee), how are they going to hire you if they aren't nearby?
    Even selling on ebay or etsy is more difficult now.
    But it is a start. Sell small, shippable items that are too valuable for a yard sale. There's a learning curve that can take a year or more, if you have to learn it all from scratch.
    I have done it, and had a few failures, but mostly success. I don't do it nearly as much these days because fees and shipping are just too high. I wait for a 'promotion' with no fees.

One thing you could do is put a sign in the window saying you will buy vintage auto merchandise, like old pinup girl calendars, or steel signs. You might be surprised. But you need cash to get it going, and you need to become an expert on old auto memorabilia.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2018, 11:29 AM
    One of my ways is to hit a Goodwill store, near an expensive neighborhood, on Tuesday, Senior discount day, find small "undiscovered" items that have potential for sale and use eBay shipping in a USPS flat rate box. Found a Piet Hein Limited Royal Copenhagen Fajance Plaque for $1.50 and sold it for $113. Look for "Occupied Japan", "Western Germany", Rosenthal, Royal Copenhagen, Beleek, Tara and others. GW just mostly considers them trinkets. I just recently found a very old Faulk Duck call in the toy area, someone thought it was a whistle-99 cents! Stay away from Made in China items even if it is Lenox. I'm retired so my time is pretty cheap.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 12, 2018, 11:39 AM
    The Goodwill closest to me (over 15 miles) got wise to ebay sellers at least 10 years ago. Now they have someone who 'knows' what's what!
    But I too got good deals there for a while.
    Each one is run differently.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jobs online [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a job online that won't scam me or that is a real paying job

Online jobs [ 1 Answers ]

I need a online job with/without investment, it should be legal, it should not be a scam. If anyone know the website kindly tell me?

View more questions Search