Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aecorbet Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2004, 06:07 AM
    Networking
    I have alaptop connected to my desktop with a ethernet cable. The destop can access files from the laptop but no traffic the other way. I have now connected the laptop to another desktop and it works fine both ways. I have tried lots of things like taking off all firewalls, permisions etc. The laptop is OK the cable is OK. Something on the first deskktop is stopping access could it be updated software from ms xp all pc`s are running xp
    Keith Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2004, 07:07 AM
    What are the desktops and laptop running? Windows XP, 2000, 98?
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 10, 2006, 09:47 PM
    TRy this for free Demo
    Go to www.networkmagic.com

Download their demo and try it out, 14 days.

It's the best Networking program, I have ever seen, it will work on up to 5 CPUs, wireless or wired or both.

In a few clicks, you can share Printers, files, its an amazing progam, and if you have Aol, I believe it's free.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 11, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy225
    Goto www.networkmagic.com

Download their demo and try it out, 14 days.

and if you have Aol, I believe it's free.
    Wendy,

This does look like an interesting program and I plan on trying it out. Since I do subscribe to AOL, do you know where I can find out more about it being free for AOLers?
    Wendy225 Posts: 240, Reputation: 4

Jan 12, 2006, 02:58 PM
    Aol
    Hi Scott,

Sorry it has taken time to come back and check here.

All I know is from their website it says, they made a huge deal with Aol to offer it free to it's subscribers, I tried with my Parents Aol, but they still had 7.0 and it would not download and they still have dial up, but all I did on Aol, was search it out and found it, if you still need help, just email them from the networking website.

Also you can download the full working version for free for 14 days, that's how I originally tested it out.

It works great:)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2006, 05:07 AM
    Thanks Wendy. I search for it on AOL

Scott<>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Project in Networking [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am really very much interested in Computer Networks, Currrently I am in 6th semester of B.E. Computer Engineering along with it I am pursuing MCSE course. I want to take a project in Networking in my college, so please suggest me what kind of project should I choose. Thank you

Networking [ 2 Answers ]

How to connct two PC without any hub? And I don't want to make a server because if I want to use the other I need to make the other PC on. Is there any other solution? And I'm having only one modem.

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Kindly tell about networking, I want to connect sevens PCS with anothers through IPs. One of them is server with windows 2000 family server, switch and remaining six are clients.

Networking [ 5 Answers ]

I want to setup a small home network with only three computers connected to a router and still have the internet on all 3 computers

Networking [ 1 Answers ]

Describe how you would go about setting up a "star" networkof 5 machines and discuss what would be better and why having one machine as a file server or no file server.

View more questions Search