Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    claire_a_bell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2007, 01:03 PM
    How do I trace my dead father
    I found out at the age of 21 that my birth father had died when I was 18 months old but my family don't seem to no how he died or where he is buried does anyone know how I can find out
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 01:18 PM
    If you know an SSN, you might be able to use the "Socal Security Death Index" as a start. Search for it.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Your family ought to know his name and where he died. At least his name. Perhaps even remember where he lived. Was he married to your Mother at the time? If you get his name perhaps you can find his side of the family.
    Lost__pop Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by claire_a_bell
    i found out at the age of 21 that my birth father had died when i was 18 months old but my family dont seem to no how he died or where he is burried does anyone know how i can find out
    Hello Claire, I WISH I could help you better as I am also trying to find my Birth father, and have NO information that is needed every where. And some just don't get it, yes you would think that you could just ask the family, but that just isn't there for everyone to have that luxury! If I find any good way of doing so I WILL REPOST TO YOU, I wish I could explain the feeling you get while setting in a SS office and have a lady tell you that "yes, have it right here on the computer but I can not or will not show you anything!!" what a freakin B****H, I could not sleep knowing that I could have helped someone by doing nothing! OK sorry for the ranting, but it is truly frustrating! :confused: :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Actually no the social security death index is a online service, if you merely put their name in, it will show their date of death, local ( address) at time of death and social security number.

As for as to where he is buried, only the people who arranged his funeral would know that. There is no record for that.
    tysons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2011, 10:36 AM
    Hey you I just found out my dad was murder in england how do I find out where abouts he was liven

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trace a number using computer.. [ 3 Answers ]

Dear sir, Please help me to trace a number on computer, while the call is coming on the phone. How I can trace this number using our computer. Example I am live in a house. I have a phone. I want to get all the numbers , which my phone recives acll from outside. I want it the computer...

Trace IP [ 12 Answers ]

Is there such thing as an app that traces an IP to a physical location? You know... like in the movies? I've tried a few that get it down to the city, but no further. Is there such a thing? Thanks!

Trying to trace old school friend [ 4 Answers ]

Looking for Randolph Murray. We were at Bridge House School at Harewood near Harrogate in 1965. My name is Leslie Cunningham. I wish to get in touch with him for old times sake. If anybody knows his whereabouts could you please let me know. e.g. his father was americian .

Trying to trace a friend [ 9 Answers ]

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Jenny (née) Cheadle who lived in Gunnislake, Cornwall, in the early 1970s and earlier? We were both students in the French department at the University of Bristol from 1969 to 1972. She married soon after graduating and may have taken her husband's surname (which...

Artist from 1/26/06 Without a Trace [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the singer who sang the song You Are Not Alone on the January 26th episode of Without a Trace? Does anyone know who that was?

View more questions Search