Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2018, 09:32 AM
    sending soldiers instead of processors is how the dufus rolls
    I totally agree, tal. If the twitler sends as many processors as he is sending troops, we would begin to regain the world's respect.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 1, 2018, 10:03 AM
    We would get to keep our own dignity and self respect above all by treating our fellow humans humanely as they exercised their rights under law to seek asylum. It's as simple as being a good human. I don't know a thing about what happens after death, but what we do while on this earth is the difference between heaven or hell right here on Earth.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2018, 10:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Ex, I don't know how else to explain a simple concept to you. If I go into a bank and walk out with money I withdrew from my account, then that is a good thing. If I walk out with money I took in a robbery, then it is not a good thing. The difference is in the legality of the act.
    Hello again, j:

Simple??? I'm not so sure.

What about my friend Tio? Tio came across the border over 50 years ago.. It's only recently that we've demeaned people like Tio who crossed the border.. Actually, we used to LOVE them.. They picked our lettuce, washed our dishes and made our beds.. Johnny Carson even joked on the Tonight Show about his illegal nanny..

So, you tell me.. With the exception of the last few years, when a Mexican got to our border, they didn't see a DO NOT CROSS sign... They saw a HELP WANTED sign..

Did Tio rob us?

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2018, 11:35 AM
    Grant them asylum and give 'em those jobs you say you need filled, I mean that Russian pregnant rich girl sure ain't going to work in a kitchen or wait tables. You only assume they will sneak in when the last batch stood in line for days waiting to get in legally. Sure some got tired of waiting, but sending soldiers instead of processors is how the dufus rolls and you go along with it.
    Let them apply for asylum at the US embassy in their country . Processing takes months the way they are doing it . The people of the caravan may or may not have legit asylum claims .They may be victims in their country . But I am sure that they are victims of the organizers of the caravan .Shame on the organizers for convincing people to walk 2,000 miles . Once the election is over the organizers won't give a rat's @ss about the people of the caravan .
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2018, 11:40 AM
    We would get to keep our own dignity and self respect above all by treating our fellow humans humanely as they exercised their rights under law to seek asylum.
    Asylum is granted to foreigners who have been persecuted, or legitimately fear persecution, in their home country based on their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. Economic issues are not pertinent .

They should've proved their legitimate claim for asylum BEFORE they began their trek .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2018, 12:07 PM
    When are you guys moving to Honduras or Guatemala to work at those really good jobs there?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2018, 01:04 PM
    Did Tio rob us?
    So Tio is here illegally? If so, then he is breaking the law. Again, it's a simple concept. I suspect he has a green card.

We have, as your story perhaps illustrates, stood around for decades, dems and repubs, and done nothing while people have poured across our southern border illegally. Finally we have a president who is determined to enforce the law.
    Expert

Nov 1, 2018, 04:35 PM
    The law says they can present themselves at the border to apply for asylum. Not their fault you don't prepare to do that job and you have advanced notice they are on their way. That's incompetence. The dufus knows full well he can shift the blame from his incompetence to the immigrants by vilifying them for political gain, just as he used the dreamers for political leverage.

The Dufus's campaign strategy during this silly season is the southern strategy and Willie Horton on steroids, feeding fear and insecurity to his base with his lies and exaggerations.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2018, 05:20 PM
    You will have to enlarge your teacup else the storm overtake you. You have borders, you have check points, you have border guards, what you don't have is effective policy. Your foreign policy has created many of these situations, but you don't take responsibility for the aftermath. Your paranoid behaviour must stop, that is the only way the flood will stop
    Expert

Nov 1, 2018, 06:35 PM
    This is the problem!

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 1, 2018, 06:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You will have to enlarge your teacup else the storm overtake you. You have borders, you have check points, you have border guards, what you don't have is effective policy.
    We also don't have enough immigration agents, and maybe not enough WELL-TRAINED agents.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2018, 10:29 PM
    Great rip
    Expert

Nov 2, 2018, 04:54 AM
    America is and has faced many skilled labor short falls in the social services area, mostly budgetary, especially on state levels. A growing aging country has more challenges, not less, that have to be faced and not ignored. The dufus would rather exaggerate military spending than address the needs of the country though as he subjects his austerity on essential areas of the economy and neglects the very real needs of a nation.

So listen to him holler about immigration to bolster his base during this silly season cycle, while the rest of us bear his debts for his trickle down theories of wealth extraction, and old people and kids go without care, and young people still work 2 low paying jobs for groceries in this great economy. Doesn't anyone care about teachers waiting tables to pay the rent and fund crayons for kindergarteners? We know the dufus and his sycophants do not.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2018, 06:46 AM
    Hello again,

Trump said if the children throw rocks, SHOOT 'em.

"I hope there won't be that, but I will tell you this — anybody throwing rocks ... we will consider that a firearm, because there's not much difference,"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...aravan-2018-11

excon
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 09:21 AM
    "I hope there won't be that, but I will tell you this — anybody throwing rocks ... we will consider that a firearm, because there's not much difference,"
    I would agree that he made a really foolish statement.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2018, 09:47 AM
    tal we need more laborers across the board . The only question is do we believe in the rule of law or not ? Short of open borders I'm open to just about any policy that would legally bring in people who want to embrace the American way ;and is willing to work .
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 10:16 AM
    The only question is do we believe in the rule of law or not ?
    Agree completely.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    tal we need more laborers across the board . The only question is do we believe in the rule of law or not ? Short of open borders I'm open to just about any policy that would legally bring in people who want to embrace the American way ;and is willing to work .
    No to open borders, but we need more WELL-TRAINED border agents at more locations along the southern border. We will also need sponsors (hello, churches/synagogues/mosques) who will take the immigrants under their wing until they have gotten settled with a place to live, a job, connections to the community, etc.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2018, 11:43 AM
    ah the good old days of Boss Tweed . Maybe bring back an expanded version of the Bracero program. ok but short of open borders (which I believe is the only solution progressives find suitable ) and more processing agents at the border ,and domestic sponsors ;who would you restrict ? Is there any number that you would say no more ? Would you be in favor of outlawing sanctuary towns ,cities ,states ?

We also need to have a discussion on what to do with the millions of illegal aliens already in the country . The international rules are very clear on who is eligible for asylum ,and most of the emigrants that come here have economic reasons that do NOT fall under asylum guidelines . You see ;this lawless invasion have left us in a bind in that we are over 200,000 behind in processing those who claim asylum. I don't see how we can have an orderly process to this without border barriers . We've tried it the other way and it doesn't work.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 11:59 AM
    Tom, you live in poverty and have no hope for the future. Walk from Honduras to the Arizona border and end up staring at a wall, then let me know how you feel.

Tom, you're a gang member and murderer. Would you really walk from Honduras to the Arizona border? For what???

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Left my girlfriend, want her back. Can't until she sees things clearly. [ 1 Answers ]

Made a mistake of breaking up with my girlfriend. I'm 24 she is 34, age does not affect me and her. I left because she was pushing herself away because she is jaded from past experience. I've been working through this for some time now, I love her more than anything. With her everything is black an...

My child sees things [ 5 Answers ]

My 8 year daughter has been sleeping with me since my husband and her watched a scary movie, before that she was sleeping in her own bed. I tried putting her in her own bed last night and she told me that she is scared she sees fuzzy floaty things. They don't talk they just float around and watch...

View more questions Search