Ask
    diaz5200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Boxing speed
    How do I improve quickness in punching
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:26 PM

During your workout, do short burst as fast as you can, work on double, triple strikes and increase strikes. I would add juggling, then 4 balls if possible, nunchaku. Don't forget the blocks, If you are making quick devastating blows, you may not need to worry about blocking, don't let up.
    And a Speed Bag.
    Spirit1966 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2009, 08:38 PM
    [QUOTE=;][/QUOTE

Being lightning fast is a gift your born with. But you can make adjustments to increase the speed you have. Make sure you shorten up your punches. One thing I use, is bounce a racket ball in place and pop the bag and catch the ball on it's way up. (one bounce). This will help you with jabs and crosses. It's pretty hard at first. I also hit the heavy bag with a pair of sand filled ankle weights placed in my gloves. I use 3 pounds . But this will force you to shorten your punches because 3 pounds is pretty heavy . If you go much heavier than that you will lose any snap on your punches. The key is to shorten up your punches.
    speedbag Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 09:43 AM
    speed bag punching
    The speed bag can help increase repetitive punching speed. As you learn and get control of the bag, move to smaller and smaller bags. For example, You will have to punch faster to keep up with a small 8x5 size bag rather than a larger 11x8 bag.

note the change in speed bag sizes.

smaller bags are faster and will help increase repetitive punching speed.

hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What was the best K.O in pro boxing? [ 5 Answers ]

I am forever discussing with mates and people alike, what was the all time best knock-out in boxing. Please tell me what you think. A couple of favourites of mine are: *Zab Judahs little breakdance on the way down after a couple from Kostya Tszu. *Then there's David Tua's flurry that put John...

Tricks for boxing [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any martial arts or any sort of tricks I can use in boxing. Something that literally confuses the other apponent or allows them not to see your punch coming. Not cheating just rele good strategy

Boxing mad [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my xbox broke even thought it was fine when we watched a movie on it a few hours before I didn't keep the box as it was hanging around for 2 months and as the xbox seemed fine I got rid of it as I said the xbox ia only acouple of months old can I return it to argos where I got it without the box...

Sports -Boxing [ 3 Answers ]

How many pounds, of weight, will a boxer in the middleweight division, normally gain, by fight time, after the official weigh-in?

View more questions Search