Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    93hondacivic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2005, 04:44 PM
    93 Honda civic ex starting problem in cold, wet
    I have a 93 Honda Civic EX (2 door) that has a strange problem. When the weather is good - dry and warm, it starts and runs without any problem. But it won't start when it is wet or cold. I can not start the car in the morning and have to wait until the afternoon. I have changed the spark plug wires and distributor. But it does not seem help the situation. Any advices/suggestion will be really appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Marks
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Oct 9, 2005, 07:59 AM
    Have you tried checking if it's getting a spark once it won't start? Read the FAQ for instructions about removing spark plug wires and checking for spark.

Did you read your ECU codes? Is it throwing any codes?

If it's getting spark, try smelling your exhaust when someone cranks it (when it won't start) and see if you smell gas. It will tell you whether it's getting gas or not.
    biff26 Posts: 28, Reputation: 4

Sep 8, 2010, 12:05 PM

Try spraying ignition componenets with water from a spray bottle while you have someone crank the engine ,look and listen for sparks jumping. If this model has an external ignition coil be sure to spray it down also

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting problem with Honda Civic [ 8 Answers ]

Honda Civic Year 94, Manual Transmission 100,000 miles The car has been giving me starting problems the last few days but it runs well once started. It stops starting if I keep the car parked for a day (it starts if I try starting it within an hour or so after I stop). It starts when I...

91 Honda Civic DX Starting Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My honda civic dx has a hard time starting sometimes. This only happens occasionally but it'll turn over, but just won't ever start. It happened first about a month ago and is happening once a day now. I replaced the spark plugs and I don't know what else to do.

92 honda civic not starting [ 1 Answers ]

The car turns over fine but has no spark or fuel. I have checked the fuel pump, the FI relay, ICM, and replaced the ignition switch. I have looked for broken ground wires in the harness and found none. The car has not been modified (no after market stereo). Bought from original owner. The car...

92 Honda Civic - black smoke for a few minutes after starting on a cold day [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honda Civic 92 with twin cabi. In the past few months, every morning the engine starts normally for a few minutes, then the black smoke comes out of the exhaust, at the same time the idle is dropping and the engine is shacking. These symptoms appeared at the same time. If I rip up the...

View more questions Search