Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Feb 5, 2006, 12:07 AM
    Gift for WWII History Buff
    Anybody who has a passion for the history of WWII... can recommend a gift for my friend. All that I know is he loves the history of WWII, he loves football and the law. Based on this anybody have any sugestions on what I can get him? I was thinking a good documentary on WWII but like you can tell I am not sure!
    augustknight Posts: 83, Reputation: 31

Feb 5, 2006, 04:32 AM
    If he is a history buff about WWII than chances are he has books and DVD's already. You didn't mention what your spending limit was but if you are thinking $20- $25 you could go on eBay and buy him an actual military item from the war. A possible item may be a campaige medal or a gas ration card. If you are thinking bigger there are wooden models of aircraft that are of exception quality, I have a B-17 bomber, I hang it from the ceiling. And don't forget, there where other countries in the war also (sorry) and even a nonAmerican item would be appropriate.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2006, 09:12 AM
    I will agree, most history buffs will already have most of the better films and even movies of WWII. I would recomeed finding some "item" from the war, lower cost items like a display of buttoms from uniforms, knives used in combat,
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Perhaps you can combine his love of WWII and the law by getting him a copy of the Nuremberg Trial transcripts.
    maria26 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Feb 5, 2006, 11:07 PM
    Thank you for responding to my questions... I will go on eBay! And to captain forest-what is a nuremberg trial transcript?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2006, 12:45 AM
    The Nuremberg Trials

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuremberg_Trials

After WW2, The Allies (Britain, Canada, US, etc.) held trials for a bunch of Sr. level Nazis. Similar to what is now being down to Saddam Hussein.
    Style Posts: 48, Reputation: 7

Mar 22, 2006, 08:14 PM
    Where would one find authentic WWII items on eBay? Is there a particular seller that offers memorabillia that can be trusted as real? (I'm in the market for knives,patches, Japanese Kamikaze masks,and other random knickknacks).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Gift for the nun who has everything... [ 8 Answers ]

I wasn't sure whether to put this topic in etiquette or religion, but I thought in religion people might know more about nuns, so... One of the Sisters who taught at my boarding school had cancer and beat it! I was just invited to a party to celebrate. I was not asked to bring a gift, but this...

View more questions Search