Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pop000 Posts: 352, Reputation: 6

Jul 12, 2011, 11:57 AM
    Development of Spalangia Cameroni and Muscidifurax Raptor
    Hi.

I looking in the internet some articles about the good way to Development of Spalangia Cameroni and Muscidifurax Raptor.

So I found 1 article about it but is not gave me all the answer that I need and is not a free article.
    I looking for article that give's the best conditions for Development of Spalangia Cameroni and Muscidifurax Raptor.

Thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 12:24 PM

PopOOO you really have to be more precise in your questions; you do have it in the place, biology. You may have to wait a while before this answered because I think our biologists here are few and far between, sorry.

Edit: I really don't enjoy oblique homework questions, pop.

Tick
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 12:39 PM

Well the best breeding grounds or conditions for Spalangia Cameroni would be in a rotting stable fly. Is your theroy on the use of parasite to control the fly population? Can you provide more information as to what exactly you are looking for? What year and what is your study?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jul 12, 2011, 08:23 PM
    Pop, I regularly employ both of those species to control the stable flies on my horse farm. I buy them in a product called "fly predators" from Spalding Labs. They seem like they're very easy to grow and very forgiving of the conditions. When we order them, they arrive a few days later in a small sealed plastic bag. If I remember correctly, there's a piece of cardboard or something in the bag with them. It's probably slightly damp. Anyway, they're in the cocoon stage when they first arrive, but after a few days they begin to hatch. After we see 10-12 of them hatched inside the plastic bag, it's time to release them in the horse pastures and manure piles. They're quite effective at controlling the fly population.

You can look at the instructions from Spalding Labs to get an idea the conditions to keep them in. They recommend temperatures around 80-85 Fahrenheit.

Would you like me to send you a box of horse manure in the mail? ;)

Josh

Jul 13, 2011, 10:45 AM
    Comment on jcaron2's post
    Lol. Thanks for answer.

Jul 13, 2011, 10:49 AM
    Comment on Aurora_Bell's post
    Well is a experiment that I nned to do for my study.
    And I asked to try to Development of Spalangia Cameroni and Muscidifurax Raptor and then to see what is the effective of them on the flies.

Jul 13, 2011, 10:52 AM
    Comment on tickle's post
    I can wait :)
    Is not a normal homework is more like experiment.
    And I ask very straight.

Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 13, 2011, 12:36 PM

Pop, I misjudged you sorry. Anyone studying biology is okay with me. I had stables too, but never had the advantage of ordering anything to keep down flies but to be quite truthful, I didn't really have that much problem with them, and they broke down the manure so well.

Tick

Edit: please try not to use the comment feature, please use the reply where it says quick reply or something like that. It makes the whole thread procedure more comprehensive for everyone answering and replying.

Jul 16, 2011, 10:18 AM
    tickle lol we are OK.

Thanks for your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Development. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello not sure if this is the right section. But I have a pool and in the last 4 years or so I have been getting ground water in behind mt liner and it is costing me money every year to take care of it. Now there has been a development near me that is a bunch of tow houses. If they have dug ...

A New Development [ 1 Answers ]

If anyone has been following my story. She called this morning and in fact does sound interested in a future with me. However we agreed that it has to happen naturally. Neither of us want to just start where we left off. Also, Technically she has not broken it off with the NEW GUY yet. So, I told...

Development [ 4 Answers ]

I am new to this site and think it's very informative. We are planning to construct a small block of flats on our land and need to find a reliable and honest project manager... is there an organisation we can contact? Thanks !

Os development [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I would like to try developing my own operating system.could you please tell me how I can do that? Deepak

View more questions Search