Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jacquemcm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2006, 02:13 PM
    Moving From One Corp to Another
    I have a client who owns a corporation. The corporation may have a civil suit filed against it for an issue arising from wrong doing on the part of a former employee. The shareholders are wanting to form a new corporation to protect the business assets. Does this give them protection if the old corporation does end up with a judgement against it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 11, 2006, 03:59 PM
    More likely a court would consider this fraud.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 11, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Yes, they are of course free to start a new corporation, but they can't transfer assests to the new one.

You can close the one corporation, go out of business, sell off everything, divide it amount the stock holders.

But most likely the courts would still follow the assests of the corporation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between W2 and Corp-to-Corp [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know the difference between compesation in W2 and Corp-to-corp when working as a consultant for a company. For eg: if my comp rate is 40$/hr W2 for 1st case and 40$/hr corp to corp for second, in which case am I supposed to take care Of my taxes? :confused:

Switching from LLC to S-Corp [ 1 Answers ]

We've been an LLC for just a couple of months and have decided to become an S-Corp. We're in NY. We've got start-up costs invested and don't want to take a loss on our personal return when we dissolve the LLC - we'd rather get this money back. Can we transfer the assets and liabilities to the new...

Moving [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in a friends house (watching over it since NOV 2005) after she moved permatnately back to FL. I have been paying the bills (phone,electric,water) since she left. I had been talking to her about buying the house right after she left and she told me that she would let me know....

Tac free 501c3 corp. [ 2 Answers ]

How do you obtain financial info on tax free 501 c corporations like pay, travel expenses etc? I like to have this info before making donations.

Moving? [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are thinking about moving to Arizona, near laughlin. Can anyone tell me what the weather will be like all year, what kind of job opportunities there are, etc. I've lived in California my entire life and I don't want to jump into something so quickly without knowing anything. Any...

View more questions Search