Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gingerlynn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Can I travel to Israel from U.S. with felony on my record
    Hello - I have just renewed my passport and want to travel to Israel for the holidays. I've tried calling all different type of Israeli embassies but no one seems to know. I'm hoping you can help. I have a felony on my record. I don't know where to look to find out which countries I am allowed you to visit.

Thank you so much! And hoping you can help.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Hello ginger:

I visited Israel a couple years ago. I have several felonies. I had no trouble. I ALSO didn't give them a heads up that I'd be arriving there. THAT ain't going to help.

excon

Nov 17, 2008, 09:42 AM
    Thank you - I just renewed my passport with chip- travel to israel
    Does any one know what this chip is for? THANK YOU. I want to travel to Israel & afraid my whole record will come up.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 10:53 AM

These regulations are new.. in case you don't need a visa, they will know from info in the chip of your passport... So as soon as you get off the plane, they will send you back. Remember Martha Stewart was sending back from UK?

The safest choice is contact the nearest consulate, call or email, etc. Or you may ask the visa agencies, most have updated info about this issue.
    Immigration Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 10:54 AM

I answer this question here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/immigr...rd-281893.html

Will keep you update on how to file a waiver, etc.

Nov 17, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Lawanwadee - spoke to Israeli Consulate
    Hi and thank you so much. I just spoke to the Israeli Consulate in Washington as well as the police at the Embassy - they said I was OK to go. I don't need a Visa, just a passport. Should I trust this? It's that chip that makes me nervous.

Thanks a million!
    Immigration Expert

Nov 17, 2008, 11:43 AM

If the consulate said OK, it should not be a problem. Only know that it's so tough in UK.

Have fun! :)
    Judy Del Priore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 02:19 AM
    My husband and I want to visit Israel.
    I have heard the airlines will let you buy a ticket to anywhere but when you get to your destination the country checks if you have any felony convictions and sends you back. I don't want that to happen to me. I want to know before I go.
    Immigration Expert

Jan 19, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Del Priore View Post
    My husband and I want to visit Israel.
    I have heard the airlines will let you buy a ticket to anywhere but when you get to your destination the country checks if you have any felony convictions and sends you back. I don't want that to happen to me. I want to know before I go.
    If you or your husband have prior criminal record, you should contact the embassy of that country before you buy ticket. Ask the consul if this would be a problem, or in case it would, what should you do such as file a waiver, etc.
    ksakuraba Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2011, 09:09 AM
    It is a complete rumor about being denied entry into israel with a felony, just visited israel in July 2010 with a class 6 felony , had no problem getting in , they don't care.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 10, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ksakuraba View Post
    ... class 6 felony ...
    Is that like sixth grade?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get my felony off my record [ 3 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon, it is a state jail felony for credit card abuse... can I get it off my record

Felony record [ 6 Answers ]

I have a husband who has a felony record and he is pretty much dead in the water for 20 years he has already been out 10 but he can not be bonded,get a passport,he just got the right to vote back but every time he applies they shoot him down.I hope you are not treated as the same way excon I wish...

How do I get a felony of my record [ 1 Answers ]

When I was 16 I was charged with stealing and I was tried as a adult. I had five year probation. I have been clean for 8 years. Is there any way to get the felony of my records?

How to get a job with a felony on my record [ 6 Answers ]

:eek: How do I get a decent career job (s) with a felony on my record and what jobs can I get? I need help very badly and as soon as possible.:eek:

Felony record [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering if I can get into Mexico with a felony on my record?

View more questions Search