Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2020, 04:41 PM
    Trump's Deadly Delay - Details
    Jan 3rd - CDC Director Robert Redfield was notified by a counterpart in China that a "mysterious respiratory illness was spreading in Wuhan"; he notified HHS Secretary Alex Azar, who shared the report with the National Security Council (NSC)

Jan 8th - First CDC warning

Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally

Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally

Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate

Jan 17th - Trump golfs;

Jan 18th - January 18, HHS Secretary Azar discusses the coronavirus outbreak with Trump, who criticizes Azar for being "alarmist".

Jan 19th - Trump golfs

Jan 20th - President Xi Jinping warned the public that there is a pandemic in Wuhan

Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.

Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

Jan 23rd -, Chinese authorities shut down Wuhan, a city of 11 million

Jan 24th – "China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!"

Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally

Jan 29th - Dr. Mike Ryan, head of the WHO's Health Emergencies Program, said, "The whole world needs to be on alert now. The whole world needs to take action and be ready for any cases that come from the epicenter or other epicenter that becomes established

Jan 30th – Entire Hubei province, which includes the city of Wuhan, is shut down while Trump holds a campaign rally where he states, “We think we have it very well under control.”

Feb 1st - Trump golfs

Feb 2nd - Trump goes on Sean Hannity’s show and claims: “We pretty much shut it down, coming in from China.” Trump extols our “tremendous relationship” with China, and adds: “We did shut it down, yes.”

Feb 2nd – Trump’s Executive Order banning anyone who has been in China in the previo
    us 14 days with exceptions (U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and their close family members - 40,000 people in total with 9,000 from Wuhan) goes into effect. There is no plan to quarantine or track them.

Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit Trumpy on the Impeachment charges. Trump takes a five-day weekend.

Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally where he states that “a lot of people” think the coronavirus “goes away in April with the heat,” adding that we only have “11 cases,” and that “we’re in great shape.”

Feb 11: WHO Director-General Tedros urges world leaders to give priority to containing the virus: "To be honest, a virus is more powerful in creating political, economic and social upheaval than any terrorist attack. A virus can have more powerful consequences than any terrorist action, and that's true. If the world doesn't want to wake up and consider this enemy virus as Public Enemy Number 1, I don't think we will learn our lessons."

Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42

Feb 15h - Trump golfs

Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally

Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally

Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally

Feb 24th – Trump tweets, "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.

Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

Feb 26th – Trumpy states, “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner." Trump then claims the media is conspiring with Democrats to hype the coronavirus to rattle the markets. Trump also says the coronavirus is “going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: Trump hails his administration’s handling of the coronavirus saying “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

Trump, Feb. 28: Trump campaign rally where he rages at Democrats’ criticism of his response (which proved entirely accurate) is “their new hoax.”

March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 7th - Trump golfs

March 8th - Trump golfs

March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on Corona Virus.”

March 9th - Trump dismissively compares the coronavirus with flu, claiming flu kills tens of thousands annually and that “life & the economy go on.”

March 10: Trump again hails the “great job” he’s doing on the coronavirus, and declares: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]

March 13th - Asked about the administration’s epic failure to ramp up testing, Trump declares: “No, I don’t take responsibility at all.

March 17th - “This is a pandemic," Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

March 18th – Trumpy’s response to his calling the coronavirus the “ChinaVirus”: “It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."

March 23th- Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93

March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment.

March 30th - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16

April 2nd - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment.

May 20th- Virus cases 1,400,000, Deaths 93,500 to date

May 29 - Deaths over 102,000
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 29, 2020, 05:28 PM
    He is distracted by the twitter dude calling him a liar! All he can do is blow some hot air at somebody with pronouncements against China, and hope the states make enough money to save his bacon.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2020, 05:37 PM
    This what happens when you allow a politician to call the shots
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2020, 06:33 PM
    Jan. 6 Trump’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a travel notice on Wuhan, China, before any U.S. infection arose. The Republican-controlled Senate’s one vote ended debate (86-5) on Jovita Carranza’s nomination to head the Small Business Administration. Pelosi’s Democrat-controlled House was out of session.

Jan. 17 Trump’s CDC began enhanced screening for COVID-19 symptoms at three U.S. airports, in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York's JFK. U.S. infections: Zero. Prohibited from addressing anything but Trump’s House Democrat-triggered impeachment trial, the Senate convened for 34 seconds, from 1:59:55 p.m. to 2:00:29 p.m. The House met for three minutes — from 10:30 a.m. to 10:33 a.m.

Jan. 20 Trump’s CDC opened an emergency operations center after one U.S. COVID-19 patient was diagnosed.The Senate was out of session. The House was out of session.

Jan. 21 Trump’s CDC expanded COVID-19 checks to airports in Chicago and Atlanta.The Senate rejected Democrat Leader Chuck Schumer’s 11 amendments related to Trump’s impeachment trial.The House met for two minutes — from 10 a.m. to 10:02 a.m.

Jan. 29 President Trump chaired his Coronavirus Task Force and unveiled its members. The Senate impeachment trial continued. The House’s two recorded votes adopted the Student Borrower Credit Improvement Act and an anti-fentanyl bill.

Jan. 31
    One day after the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a “Public Health Emergency of International Concern,” President Trump restricted travel from China. Former Vice President Joe Biden called this policy “hysterical xenophobia.” CDC began the first mandatory quarantines since the 1960s. Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar declared “a public health emergency in the United States.”
    Via six recorded votes, the Senate decided not to call witnesses in Trump’s impeachment trial. Had Democrats prevailed, such testimony likely would have added weeks to this disruptive national spectacle.The House was out of session.

Feb. 2 Trump’s CDC added Honolulu, Seattle and suburban Washington, D.C.'s Dulles airports to those already screening travelers from China. The Senate was out of session this Sunday.   The House: Ditto.

Feb. 4  Trump’s Food and Drug Administration allowed emergency use of CDC’s COVID-19 test in non-CDC labs. “My administration will take all necessary steps to safeguard our citizens from” COVID-19, Trump said in his State of the Union address. The Senate met but took no votes. The House met, took no votes, hosted the State of the Union, and then adjourned after Pelosi tore up a copy of the State of the Union address.

Feb. 5 Trump’s then-acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney and Secretary Azar briefed lawmakers on COVID-19. “Several House lawmakers of both major parties said the administration has the situation under control,” the Seattle Times reported. No surprise: The Senate acquitted Trump on two articles of impeachment .By voice vote, the House passed, among others, the Great Lakes Restoration Initiative, the USPS Fairness Act, and renamed a Detroit facility the Aretha Franklin Post Office Building. The House Foreign Affairs Committee held a hearing on “The Wuhan Coronavirus.”

Feb. 9 Trump’s Coronavirus Task Force briefed the states' chief executives at the National Governors Association Meeting. The Senate was out of session this Sunday. The House: Likewise. 

Feb. 11 Trump’s HHS expanded collaboration with Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Research & Development division to produce a COVID-19 vaccine. The Senate confirmed Andrew Lynn Brasher to the federal bench. The House passed the Smithsonian Women’s History Museum Act.

Feb. 18 Trump’s HHS offered expertise and funds to help Sanofi Pasteur develop a COVID-19 vaccine and treatments. The Senate was out of session.  The House met at 10:30 a.m. and adjourned at 10:31 a.m.

Feb. 26 Trump assigned Vice President Mike Pence to lead the administration’s COVID-19 response. The Senate was out of session.  The House passed the Emmett Till Anti-Lynching Act, the G.I. and Veterans Education Empowerment Act, and ordered a study of the 550-mile Chief Standing Bear Trail from Nebraska to Oklahoma. 

Feb. 29 Trump’s FDA let LabCorp, Quest, and other diagnosticians develop COVID-19 tests and liberated states to engage some 2,000 such laboratories. The administration discouraged travel to parts of South Korea and Italy and restricted arrivals from Iran. The Senate was out of session this Saturday. The House: The same.

March 3 Trump thanked and invigorated staffers at the National Institutes of Health’s Vaccine Research Center in Bethesda, Md. The Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee held a hearing on “How the U.S. Is Responding to COVID-19.” By voice vote, the House condemned violence in the Central Africa Republic and passed the Malala Yousafzai Scholarship Act — to offer Pakistani women half of U.S. Agency for International Development’s Merit and Needs-Based Scholarships.

March 6 Trump signed $8.3 billion in COVID-19 response funds approved by the House (415-2) on March 4 and the Senate (96-1) on March 5. The Senate was out of session. As was the House.

March 13 Having restricted European arrivals two days earlier, Trump proclaimed a national emergency, unleashed $42 billion, forgave student-loan interest; deregulated telemedicine, interstate medical practice and the hiring of physicians at hospitals; and persuaded Costco, Walmart and other retailers to launch drive-thru COVID-19 tests. FDA let Roche and Thermo Fisher produce COVID-19 tests. The Senate was out of session. At 12:51 a.m. on March 14, the House passed (363-40) the $192 billion Families First Coronavirus Response Act, providing paid sick leave, free COVID-19 tests, and more.
    Expert

May 29, 2020, 06:43 PM
    What's with these too little too late timelines and you forgot the trillions the fed injected to keep wall street fat and happy, while the virus marches on. Of course the states and locals want their cut or they start cutting with big biz to follow even after tight wad Mnuchin slipped them and the banks a few bucks.

That's fine with Mitch though and the repubs because they are betting on Big Biz to cushion this so called reopening. What could go wrong?
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2020, 06:51 PM
    The only thing that Trump neglected to do was unpack test tubes and rinse Pyrex flasks at Walter Reed. You want someone to blame ? The name is Xi Jingping with a hat tip to Tedros Adhanom the WHO director in Xi's back pocket .
    Expert

May 29, 2020, 07:11 PM
    Xi sells everybody that kind of stuff, along with a bunch of other stuff they need. Those slow boats and planes from China are crucial to many about now. Even us.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2020, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The only thing that Trump neglected to do was unpack test tubes and rinse Pyrex flasks at Walter Reed
    Here's some reading material for you, tom.

https://thebulwark.com/warnings-igno...d-19-response/

https://www.motherjones.com/coronavi...ew-york-times/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ti...d19-responses/

Had enough? Here's more.

https://www.vox.com/covid-19-coronav...ump-fire-tweet

Plenty more where that came from..........................................
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2020, 03:18 AM
    I give actions by the Trump administration and you counter with rhetoric . ok I'll concede; Trump doesn't speak a great game .
    Expert

May 30, 2020, 04:33 AM
    I understand you and others dismiss rhetoric and rather focus on actions Tom, but don't you think his words undermine his actions, or the actions of what his administration is doing? The dufus just announced the US would be pulling out of the WHO, following his blast about China/HK. Not surprised he uses the WHO as his latest foil after praising Xi/China before he blasted them later.

Words matter especially from the worlds most powerful leader, more so in crisis and chaos. His words feeds the chaos. I get capitalists with a federalists lean may like his chaos feeding approach, but he comes off as a lying bully with no clue just an agenda, and who can trust such a person during times of crisis and chaos? Heck Tom I found it hard to trust him during the great economy he took credit for as his venomous words and action spewed forth on a daily basis for 3 years.

I find it really hard to summarily dismiss the rhetoric when it leads to action or inaction and this latest ongoing dismissal/minimization of this virus crisis to reopen our economy may well be more chaos. Make him shut up Tom please! Is that asking to much?

HELP JOE HELP!
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2020, 05:17 AM
    The dufus just announced the US would be pulling out of the WHO
    OUTSTANDING and LONG over due !!!!
    Expert

May 30, 2020, 05:24 AM
    A knee jerk reaction. On one hand you hate rhetoric, on the other hand you buy into it. Please clarify for my understanding.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2020, 06:28 AM
    OUTSTANDING and LONG over due !!!!
    One more nail in the coffin of isolationism
    Expert

May 30, 2020, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    One more nail in the coffin of isolationism
    Isolationism is the bane of interaction and cooperation. My issue with the dufus and his inane public derogatory comments is that's a lousy way to foster communications and resolution of issues.

The WHO may not be the hero in the US, but for many other countries it's the vehicle for health crisis's assistance globally. To walk away is a slap in the face of the global health mechanisms for much of the rest of the world over a snit with a foreign leader.

We need more nails in that coffin, and rebuke those that want to rip the lids off. The dufus must still be mad about China not giving him dirt on Biden's son. Couldn't be about what the WHO said in favor of China when the virus hit, because he is on record saying the same thing.
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2020, 10:31 AM
    Did I say anything about isolation ? Nah the free world can have health organization that does not cover for the Chinese .

The 1st recorded case of C-19 was November 17 . WHO claims it 1st received a report from China about the virus was December 31. Do you believe that ?

Jan 1 the day after it's report to WHO ,Hubai province authorities ordered the company that discovered the virus to destroy all samples and to keep information secret . Two days later that order went out across China. Was WHO not aware of that ?

December 31 ,Taiwan warned WHO about human to human transmissions . Something WHO denied was possible until well into January ;even after they confirmed a case of human to human transmission . In fact a day later on Jan 14 WHO was still denying the possibility .

Jan 20 began a massive evacuation of Wuhan . WHO still waited until Jan 30 to declare C-19 an emergency of international concern. WHO saw that people 5 million people left Wuhan for destinations all over the world and did not issue advisories .

WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom met with Xi on Jan 28 . but did not meet with the official head of the Chinese government’s response, Premier Li Keqiang. Did Tedros request a meeting with Li? What did Tedros learn in China? 2 days later ;Tedros hailed the Commie Chinese system and praised Xi's leadership and China's response.
    “As I have said repeatedly since my return from Beijing, the Chinese government is to be congratulated for the extraordinary measures it has taken to contain the outbreak, despite the severe social and economic impact those measures are having on the Chinese people.”

https://www.who.int/dg/speeches/deta...us-(2019-ncov)

He praised "the speed with which China detected the outbreak, isolated the virus, sequenced the genome, and shared it with WHO and the world are very impressive, and beyond words. So is China’s commitment to transparency and to supporting other countries. In many ways, China is actually setting a new standard for outbreak response, and it’s not an exaggeration." And he said this twice "Let me be clear. This declaration is not a vote of no confidence in China. On the contrary, WHO continues to have the confidence in China’s capacity to control the outbreak.”

On that same day Tedros made it clear he OPPOSED any travel ban .and indeed WHO continued to hold that position through February .

Why did WHO wait until March 11 to declare C-19 a global pandemic ?
    Is that what you expect from an organization the world counts on to lead in informing the world of health emergencies and to lead a global response ?

WHO as an international organization is a failure that needs to be replaced .
    Expert

May 30, 2020, 02:33 PM
    WHO seemed to work rather well before corona, and the dufus showed up, but that doesn't let anybody off the hook because clearly mistakes were made, but if it was no big deal in the first place, and shutting the economy down wasn't necessary, then what's the big deal with the Chinese actions or the WHO?

Blame the governors and the dufus for what we did here. Sounds like somebody wants to have the best of it either way it goes. You do know there is video tape of the dufus praising the Chinese actions don't you? Just rhetoric?

Ultra Member

May 30, 2020, 03:30 PM
    80,000 annual deaths from the flu With vaccines . The difference is the unnecessary deaths of seniors in nursing homes that resulted from callous polices towards them by certain governors
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2020, 05:09 PM
    80,000 annual deaths from the flu With vaccines . The difference is the unnecessary deaths of seniors in nursing homes that resulted from callous polices towards them by certain governors
    Don't you think it is more likely the callous policies emanate from care givers and nursing home owners gouging profit from those who cannot defend themselves. It is easy to blame the politician at the top while avoiding the real issue
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2020, 02:38 AM
    Don't you think it is more likely the callous policies emanate from care givers and nursing home owners gouging profit from those who cannot defend themselves. It is easy to blame the politician at the top while avoiding the real issue
    Absolutely not !!!!! They did the best they could with the cards il duce gave them .He ordered elder c-19 patients into nursing homes EVEN AFTER it was clear that nursing home residents were the largest vulnerable population AND that over 30% of the deaths in NY .The a$$wipe Cuomo even made a big stink about needing to send nursing homes masks and other ppe .
    Expert

May 31, 2020, 04:41 AM
    Some nursing homes are better than others...if you can afford them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's Deadly Failure - The 70 Days Delay [ 70 Answers ]

"What's the problem? A few tens of thousands dead more or less because of my delay. There's plenty more where that came from. No big deal!" https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1250470557520281600/DnApOYeQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Is Volcanic ash more deadly when it is wet? [ 1 Answers ]

This is probably a silly question, so hang in there please. I was trying to theory-craft ways to lessen the danger of volcanoes that can spew ash, and I wondered what would happen to ash if it went through some sort of high-powered net of water to cool it. I saw somewhere that it becomes more...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

View more questions Search