Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 01:31 PM
    Life has inherent risk. When I drive my car I fasten my safety belt. I keep good tires on the car and don't drive drunk. I don't drive too fast or recklessly. I do all of that to mitigate the risk in the hope that I will not be one of the 70 people killed EVERY WEEK in auto crashes, but I still get in my car and drive. I accept that risk as part of living. As far as CV goes, I think it's great to mitigate the risk. Are we going too far? Probably. We'll see. North Korea and Zimbabwe have no CV cases because, basically, no one goes into or out of those countries. Should we be jealous of them? Hardly.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:28 PM
    what indeed, this could lead to the great depression of 2020, just because Trump said it. If he doesn't see an upside maybe we should loose all hope. I'm glad I live in the kingdom of God, not the kingdom of Trump
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2020, 08:01 PM
    Good God: We lived through times of rampant POLIO (with no vaccine in sight for decades) as well as virulent T.B. that wiped whole families out....then turned around and defeated barbaric Nazis and Japanese: Now we are going to stop living, stop working, and hole-up in our houses and be constantly afraid? Where in the hell is our faith? Where is our intestinal fortitude? Its gut-check time! Stop hiding in the corner and get up and go out and keep living!

The future of our nation is at severe risk if we just lay down and give up....THIS ENTIRE EPISODE IN OUR NATION'S HISTORY IS NOTHING BUT SHAMEFUL! And those that fomented this reaction and overreaction (MEDIA) should really burn in hell for it.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 08:20 PM
    The future of our nation is at severe risk if we just lay down and give up....THIS ENTIRE EPISODE IN OUR NATION'S HISTORY IS NOTHING BUT SHAMEFUL! And those that fomented this reaction and overreaction (MEDIA) should really burn in hell for it.
    I'm not suggesting we send anyone to hell, but that is otherwise a pretty good statement.
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 10:18 PM
    The crisis has only just begun and you judge it to be a shameful episode, do you have perfect foresight? because to date what could be done has been done since it wasn't possible to prepare for the unknown. maybe now those FEMA camps will be of use
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2020, 04:10 AM
    I don't think he was talking about the government. I think he was talking about the general state of panic that has set in. It doesn't speak well of us as a people.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2020, 05:51 AM
    No people are prone to panic without leadership

Mar 17, 2020, 06:10 AM
    Paraclete: All animals need leadership but not all animals act the same in times of strife....there is a huge difference between "being led" and "following": WOLVES configured in a "pack" and are "led" by an Alpha Male and they act as an organized unit. By contrast, cattle are "herd" animals and "follow" the Lead Cow and do not act as an organized unit. Wolf Packs do not panic. Cattle herds will panic. The U.S. is acting like a herd right now: The Leader, our President, is having to fight off a thousand voices of pseudo experts and panic spreader put forth by the media...and the media KNOWS exactly what they are doing, they are doing this with consciousness. If the media had any other motive, other than trying to sow panic and damage The President, they would report FACTS such as giving the DETAILS OF ANY DEATHS (was it a healthy person, what age was the person, what condition was the person in BEFORE they contracted the virus)....Instead, the media has a narrative to fill and in filling that narrative they have torpedoed the U.S. economy, depleted the savings of all citizens having 401Ks, and empowered the Red Chinese (our sworn enemy) who has attacked us with a BIOLOGICAL WEAPON in the form of this virus. And, for those reasons I have given, and for reasons I have yet to give here, that qualifies the media as a FIFTH COLUMN OF COMMUNIST CHINA and it would justify their trials and punishments and if we found direct links to Red China, their executions, as well.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2020, 04:06 PM
    so do you agree or not there is a lack of leadership
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 17, 2020, 04:22 PM
    Of course it's a lack of leadership on the fed level, because the dufus was not focused on data and facts and took so long to even get with the program and when he did it was a month later, and the states were already doing there thing, and worse he delayed getting resources and supplies where needed, and it was already going to be a logistics nightmare.
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2020, 07:27 PM
    Of course it's a lack of leadership on the fed level, because the dufus was not focused on data and facts and took so long to even get with the program and when he did it was a month later, and the states were already doing there thing, and worse he delayed getting resources and supplies where needed, and it was already going to be a logistics nightmare.
    I guess that explains why we seem to be handling the situation better than the European nations.
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2020, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I guess that explains why we seem to be handling the situation better than the European nations.
    Don't rush to judgement, Europe, mainly Italy was taken unawares, but they will stabilise before you do just as China has, but remember you are yet to put in place the strident measures that other have

Mar 18, 2020, 01:48 AM
    Paraclete: It is time to put together a counter-strike against the ChiCom Biological attack: This cannot go unanswered.
    Expert

Mar 18, 2020, 01:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    Paraclete: It is time to put together a counter-strike against the ChiCom Biological attack: This cannot go unanswered.
    That would take a ton of evidence. better to focus on mitigating the effects before starting a war.
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2020, 04:24 AM
    Don't rush to judgement, Europe, mainly Italy was taken unawares,
    Interesting how other countries get to use excuses.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2020, 04:55 AM
    Total foolishness, they have more dead than anyone else, how then do you see it as an attack, only a paranoid yankee could think that way

Mar 18, 2020, 05:53 AM
    Paraclete: ChiComs are godless Bolsheviks: They have no moral compass and history supports my statement on this: Mao killed 30-40 million of his fellow Chinese! Do you think that the Red Chinese would hesitate to allow a weaponized virus kill some of its own people to legitimize the virus as being a non-weaponized strain? You trust the ChiComs too much, almost as much as the U.S. media trusts the ChiComs. U.S. media is quick to glorify Red China while spouting disparaging remarks about the U.S. and President Trump: This is utter treason and the spewers of this vile crap should be persecuted as well as prosecuted.

Why do you trust ChiComs, anyway?
    Expert

Mar 18, 2020, 06:55 AM
    Paraclete: ChiComs are godless Bolsheviks: They have no moral compass and history supports my statement on this: Mao killed 30-40 million of his fellow Chinese! Do you think that the Red Chinese would hesitate to allow a weaponized virus kill some of its own people to legitimize the virus as being a non-weaponized strain? You trust the ChiComs too much, almost as much as the U.S. media trusts the ChiComs. U.S. media is quick to glorify Red China while spouting disparaging remarks about the U.S. and President Trump: This is utter treason and the spewers of this vile crap should be persecuted as well as prosecuted.

Why do you trust ChiComs, anyway?
    That's a lot of speculation and exaggeration especially about media glorifying China, and disparaging the US. The buck stops with the dufus, like any other president during a crisis. Who trusts the Chinese or anybody else for that matter without verifying what they are doing, or have done? One thing we are finding out is US dependence on foreign medical supplies and resources is making us suckers.

That's not even considering the rural health care systems being woefully under funded for many years either. Look it up.

Mar 18, 2020, 09:24 AM
    Talaniman: I must agree with you about the U.S. dependence on foreign medical supplies, ESPECIALLY with belligerent nations like Red China.

Rural healthcare, as I can attest, is woefully inadequate.

But the media is taking Red China at its word as it says that it has this problem under control: How does the media know this? Where, other than out of a communist Chinese do they obtain this kind of information. If a Trump official stated something like this, the media would not believe it but they choose to believe and broadcast ChiCom "state run information" as factual and spew forth ChiCom talking points. This is an issue for me and it should be a problem for all Americans.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

S.S.D.I. threat [ 0 Answers ]

Will Late change in unemployment decision which may result in recoupment against husband.(no fraud involved)threaten my S.S.D.I.monthly payments?I'm his wife and I never filed for unemployment because I'm disabled!

Grave threat [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sue someone living in other country for grave threat to my family?

Bomb threat [ 6 Answers ]

Well, patients are finally back in the hospital and mine is FiNALLY asleep again. Earlier this evening a woman called the hospital and said that she had placed 5 different bombs in different locations around the hospital. They were all set to go off at midnight. Guess what time she called! ...

Threat to be pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have done sex with my boyfriend on 17th and my date of period is 2 or 3. He mistakenly discharged his sperms inside me, this is the first tym he discharged inside me. After 2 days of sex m feeling something in my stomach. Is it a sign of pregnancy or just a pyschological thought because...

Threat of eviction [ 7 Answers ]

My wife has written you several times ahd you all have given us some great advise. Well, we have come up against another situation. We live in a very small town of about 3,000+ people and there is nowhere we can go to ask for help. So we come to you for advise. We had another falling out...

View more questions Search