Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 08:31 AM
    This is a great site:

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/prog...gration-trends

Seems migration patterns have ebbed and flowed.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 08:48 AM
    I don't care about migrant patterns from the past . All I ask is that immigration law gets enforced . You want to change the law ? Let's discuss. That is why I have been asking what level of enforcement of the border would you accept IF you are not an open border person. I don't believe most progressives have any level of enforcement that they find acceptable . That is why they designate their towns ,cities ,States "sanctuary" . Let's have it . If there are MS13 members in the caravan should they be let in ? If there are child sex traffickers in the group should they be let in ? If Jimmy Morales decided to empty his prisons like Castro did during the Mariel boat lift should they be let in ?

If they are coming here and their claim is asylum and in fact they are coming here for the economic opportunity then they are not entitled to asylum status . That is just the way it is . My ancestors came here legally under whatever law at the time applied .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 09:02 AM
    My ancestors came here legally under whatever law at the time applied .
    Mine did too during the mid 1800s. There were very few immigration laws back then.

P.S. That's a terrific site, Tal!
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 10:04 AM
    My ancestors came here legally under whatever law at the time applied .
    Most of mine did too, but some didn't want to come, but chains are pretty convincing.
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 10:31 AM
    https://www.americanimmigrationcounc...-a-new-reality

Many people assume that their family immigrated to the United States legally, or did it “the right way.” In most cases, this statement does not reflect the fact that the U.S. immigration system was very different in the past and that their families might not have been allowed to enter had today’s laws been in effect. When many families arrived in the United States, there were no numerical limitations on immigration, no requirements to have an existing family or employment relationship with someone in the country, and no requirement to obtain a visa prior to arriving. The definition of who is “legal”—and who is not—changes with the evolution of immigration laws. In some cases, claiming that a family came “legally” is simply inaccurate—unauthorized immigration has been a reality for generations.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2018, 10:52 AM
    like I said . They came here legally under the law of the land at the time . I have no interest in the law of the past . I want the laws of today enforced .
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 11:01 AM
    Me too! You can unlock these damn chains now!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2018, 11:08 AM
    Me too! You can unlock these damn chains now!
    The only chains on now are the self-inflicted ones.
    Expert

Oct 26, 2018, 11:17 AM
    Show me yours I will show you mine but don't be offended if I don't take your word for it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2018, 06:17 AM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFv_v16Orqw
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2018, 01:28 PM
    This is what my ancestors caravan looked like, as they came to America legally, respectfully, and were processed, vetted, given medical examinations and registered at a very orderly Ellis Island:
    Expert

Oct 27, 2018, 01:37 PM
    Nice pic but what's your point?
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2018, 01:47 PM
    They did not come in a mile long mob brandishing their native flag . That's what invaders do. They have been offered asylum in Mexico . Why haven't they taken up that offer ?

As of today . Mueller has yet to charge a Trump associate with anything resembling election interference . I doubt that his charge against Concord will stand up either . Judge may dismiss outright. But then again Mueller never really thought this case would go to trial .He thought the Russians would be a no show .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2018, 06:07 AM
    What a load of, how would you describe it? B/S,
    Expert

Oct 30, 2018, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    They did not come in a mile long mob brandishing their native flag . That's what invaders do. They have been offered asylum in Mexico . Why haven't they taken up that offer ?
    Some very well might eventually but Euros immigrated under some very different circumstances to be sure, to this Euro dominated land. You weren't worried about being deported because you had peeps here already.

As of today . Mueller has yet to charge a Trump associate with anything resembling election interference . I doubt that his charge against Concord will stand up either . Judge may dismiss outright. But then again Mueller never really thought this case would go to trial .He thought the Russians would be a no show .
    I got two words for ya' PLEA BARGAIN. They ALL take it on the condition of cooperation with the Mueller team. Gates faced similar charges that Manafort did, and PM has already been CONVICTED. Let Concord fight the charges against them, they can afford it, and are innocent until proved guilty. We will see what happens after silly season is over, and the states get their shots in.

Mueller isn't the only investigation going.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2018, 06:07 PM
    "Mueller isn't the only investigation going."

Yep. Maybe some day he will actually come up with some evidence against Trump.
    Expert

Oct 30, 2018, 06:14 PM
    Yeah, I guess nailing Russians means nothing. Nailing dufus campaign workers means NOTHING.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2018, 06:41 PM
    Basically, that's right. No evidence against Trump means no evidence against Trump. You democrats kind of struggle with that "evidence" thing.
    Expert

Oct 30, 2018, 06:43 PM
    There was no evidence against anyone until they found it through a well run investigation... which is ongoing.
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2018, 06:51 PM
    But none against Trump. None. Zero. Nada. After 18 months and millions of dollars, nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mueller climatrol 137-115 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Model 137-115. I came home at lunch the fan was blowing. When I set the thermostat to 70 the burners kick on and heat up and it heats the house. When the house gets to desired temperature the fans stays on, burners go off. I've changed thermostat, same thing...

Mississippi state laws on indictments for incarcerated person [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who was arrested in marion county , Mississippi for sales charge first offense. She has been incarcerated for nine months and still has not been indicted! How long do they have to indict her before she can be released?

Mueller Climatrol Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Furnace VR8200A 2132 model that has been in the house for over 20 years. It recently started blowing cool air. Repairmen came and oiled the motor and that did not help so they replaced the motor and the fan switch. Now the furnace tuns for one minute and turns off for 2...

Mueller Climatrol [ 4 Answers ]

I have bunch of old Units labeled: Mueller Climatrol Recessed Summner Conditioner Model 910-100 10500 BTU oer hour 230V Milwaukee WI

13 indictments and no lawyer? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok this is goinna be a kind of long story cause this has been going on for awhile now. My boyfriend went to court and was rescheduled for July. He was then picked up on May 11 2009, they said he had a warrant for his arrest for 13 indictments. He has a court date on the 18th of May and I was...

View more questions Search