Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RobertKahler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Unexpected drop in my credit score
    I monitor my credit reports monthly (Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union). Generally there is not any significant change in my credit scores (except that they have been inching up a little from month to month). To my great surprise this month my Experian score dropped by a whopping 24 points while there was little change in the other agency scores (one dropped by 2 points and the other increased by 6 points).

I scrutinized the credit report and compared it to the previous month with the following conclusions:

There were no late payments
    All credit balances were reduced as the results of the payments made
    There were no credit inquiries
    There were no collections or public records

From my viewpoint there are no negative factors that should have lowered my score.

Is there any way that I can find out why my Experian score dropped by so many points?

Thank you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Ask Experian
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Mar 27, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Fair Isaac Company continually tweaks its scoring model. One of the major changes is in the effect of "authorized user" accounts. If you had such accounts on your report, their removal from the computation could lower the score. If not, it could just be a result of the latest tweak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Score [ 4 Answers ]

Having an authorize user on your credit card, does it effect your credit score? Thanks in advance.

FICO Credit Score: Maintain a 50% debt to credit-limit ratio on _each_ card? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been advised that I should transfer part of a balance of one credit card to another card in order to maintain 50% debt to credit limit ratio on _each_ card even though my _total_ debt to credit limit ratio is already below 50%. (Most of the debt is on one card for convenience.) I could...

Credit score [ 2 Answers ]

HI. I have a car, which is financed by Chase auto finance. Well I signed up for paymatics. This will deduct money from my checking account every month. I don't know what happened with this "paymatics" that deducted my money, and then it reversed it back to my bank. I had sufficient funds in my...

My brother's credit debt harming my credit score! [ 2 Answers ]

Just some background information- my brother has many, many debts. (he is a lawyer that just never succeeded and has no real work ethic) So he uses my father's credit cards, pays the minimum amount every month, and he basically lives off my father's credit cards for all of his expenses. My brother...

Credit score [ 3 Answers ]

My buddy told me that there is a form or something that you can fill out regarding the credit card companys that states you donot what any credit card offers for a period of one year.Then once this paper work is filed with the credit report agencies a persons creit score will raise 25 points .So my...

View more questions Search