Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    felicia75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Terrible odor in bathroom
    I have a nasty odor in my master bathroom that comes and goes but when it is here it overcomes you!! I have smelt the shower and sink drains and aira and heating vents to see if the smell was coming from any of those and I do not smell it in any of those places. I have no idea where ekse to look but the bathroom smells horrible and it is starting to drift elswhere in the house. PLEASE HELP!!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 13, 2006, 02:05 PM
    I wish I could help but you almost have to be on site to trackdown a bad smell or a weird noise. Regards, Tom
    BabyAbagail06 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 09:52 AM
    What kind of odor is this??

Quote Originally Posted by felicia75
    I have a nasty odor in my master bathroom that comes and goes but when it is here it overcomes you!!!! I have smelt the shower and sink drains and aira nd heating vents to see if the smell was coming from any of those and I do not smell it in any of those places. I have no idea where ekse to look but the bathroom smells horrible and it is starting to drift elswhere in the house. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Do you know where it is coming from, I am having the sam problem... I am trying to help you

Hey I don't know if this could help but if you pour some bleach down the drains and let it sit over night then in the morning pour a couple of pots of boling water down the drain in the morning it should break up the blockage in the drain...
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 4, 2006, 10:19 AM
    Have you checked around the base of the toilet?

Both houses I have lived in had this problem, and both times it turned out to be an improperly seated toilet wax ring. Those old toilets they had bolted down the floor as oppsed to the standing closet bolts that you attach a nut to.

I pulled the toilet and replaced the wax ring and added a new flange so I could use the standing closet bolts.

Of course, don't pull the toilet unless you suspect the odor is indeed coming from the base of the toilet.
    budget Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 09:10 PM
    I have a nasty odor in my master bathroom that comes and goes but when it is here it overcomes you!!!! I have smelt the shower and sink drains and aira nd heating vents to see if the smell was coming from any of those and I do not smell it in any of those places. I have no idea where ekse to look but the bathroom smells horrible and it is starting to drift elswhere in the house. PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Camera sewer for back up
    budget Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by budget
    camera sewer for back up
    marcoawg Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2006, 12:06 AM
    Its probably a dead mouse, look for their poop. Do you see many flies? Have you left out poison for mice? Sometimes mice or rats can eat poison then die in someone else's home. Just a thought.
    daco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 09:06 AM
    I am having this same problem. Did you ever get that problem fixed. Please let me know. I have replaced my toilet and I am still having that problem.
    DMan7 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Maybe the traps are empty?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jul 14, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Do you have a floor drain ?
    monanti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2010, 08:45 AM
    I would like to say that I had this same problem and schreime had a great solution. Thus far its working wonders for me.
    JJHenry Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2012, 04:43 PM
    My favorite product to date is Room Shocker. This stuff really works on everything such as: carpet, furniture, and clothing. It is so interesting because it works like a fumigation bomb, but for bad odors. This stuff kills the odor right at the source and the smell never comes back. You have to get Room Shocker to help you out with your odor problem. Check it out at http://www.biocidesystems.com/roomshocker1.html
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 5, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Hi JJ and welcome to the Plumbing pageat at AskMeHelpDesk.com. You piggybacked on an a 6 year old dead thread. In the future, before you post, look in the upper left hand corner for the date.
    We thank you for the information. Let's see more of you around here. NTom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terrible odor in bathroom--worse with stormy weather--HELP! [ 10 Answers ]

I have had about ten plumbers here. No one can figure out what this is... We purchased the home two years ago--it has been ongoing since that time. House is fifty years old. Previous owners rehabbed the bathroom in 1998. We do not have the odor in the winter. Only in the spring and summer. It...

Bathroom Drain Odor [ 1 Answers ]

I Am Having Problems With Odors Coming From Both The Shower And Sink Drains In Two Of My Three Bathrooms. They Are At Opposite Ends Of The House, On Different Septic Tanks. The Strange Thing Is That The Odors Only Happen When It Rains. Even The Slightest Amount Of Rain Will Cause The Odors. I Feel...

Sewer odor in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

My mother's bathroom has a sewer odor or some kind of bad odor if not used for a few days. She was able to stop it by putting a towel over the bathtub drain when she left the house. I have put a flat rubber stopper over the drain but it isn't stopping it. Now, it appears after someone opens a...

Sewer Odor in Bathroom [ 3 Answers ]

Last week I noticed our toilet had bubbles coming up it for a minute or so... I don't remember if the washing machine was running or not, it seemed strange, but I didn't pay too much attention to it. Now this week, there is a sewer smell in our bathroom, and I swear I can smell it in the room next...

Sewage odor in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

We had just moved into a condo and are located on the 3rd floor. We now find that there is a sewage smell in the main bathroom every day. How can we find out what can possible be causing this? We also notice that the water in the bathroom toilet appears to have water flowing back and forth...

View more questions Search