Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mnangn Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 05:24 PM
    get relative out of foster care
    My spouse sister had a baby that test positive for drugs. The department of family and children service call us from the hospital to see if we could take the baby. We said yes so they sent someone to our home to drug screen us which we were aware of. Well every one pass except my spouse so the baby was place in foster care. They set a court date for his sister so that she could get into parenting classes and treatment we went with her to court my spouse ask the caseworker what could he do so that we could get the baby he told them that they could drug test him randomly because that was a first use he was with some old buddies and messed up.So on his own he was going to see an drug counselor that we paid for our self we went to see the baby every visit his sister had with the baby up until she stop going. We bought things for the baby and sent the in his bag when the foster parents came to pick him up. We went to every meeting they had and court and his sister was no where to be found. So the last meeting we went to it was brought up that my spouse had tested positive for drug and also he has an felony back when he was 18 he is 37 and has never been in trouble since than. We both have good jobs nice big home and two daughters one is in college and the other is naaya scholar and is in the 12th grade my kids is two respectful young ladies and have never had an disciplinary problems at home or school and my daughter take all advance placement classes at school both are active in school such as student counselor cheerleader dance team basketball softball they volunteer at hospital. But I guess an convicted felony don't have parenting skill so I guess our kids should be thugs or something high school drop out. People make mistake and some people learn and some don't. I know they have to be careful but some of the so call perfect foster parents in there eyes end up abusing and molesting the kids. My spouse was a man he admitted to his mistake and he cried in front of those people because he know that one weekend decision caused his nephew to be put in foster care and share some of the blame. Well since his sister is no where to be found we have no contact with the baby and we call the caseworker and they don't call back. I was looking on the Internet this week and found out that they were pertition his sister and father to show up at court on the 22 of this month for deprivation I know they won't be there but we will I know after that they'er be petition the court to terminate there parental right than the baby will go up for adoption to someone when the baby has a blood relative that wants him. Is there anything we can do.
    mitchellmom Posts: 22, Reputation: 9

Oct 6, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mnangn
    My spouse sister had a baby that test positive for drugs. the department of family and children service call us from the hospital to see if we could take the baby. We said yes so they sent someone to our home to drug screen us which we was aware of. well every one pass except my spouse so the baby was place in foster care. They set a court date for his sister so that she could get into parenting classes and treatment we went with her to court my spouse ask the caseworker what could he do so that we could get the baby he told them that they could drug test him randomly because that was a first use he was with some old buddies and messed up.So on his own he was going to see an drug counselor that we paid for our self we went to see the baby every visit his sister had with the baby up til she stop going. We bought things for the baby and sent the in his bag when the foster parents came to pick him up. We went to every meeting they had and court and his sister was no where to be found. So the last meeting we went to it was brought up that my spouse had tested positive for drug and also he has an felony back when he was 18 he is 37 and has never been in trouble since than. We both have good jobs nice big home and two daughters one is in college and the other is naaya scholar and is in the 12th grade my kids is two respectful young ladies and have never had an disciplinary problems at home or school and my daughter take all advance placement classes at school both are active in school such as student counselor cheerleader dance team basketball softball they volunteer at hospital. But i guess an convicted felony don't have parenting skill so i guess our kids should be thugs or something high school drop out. People make mistake and some people learn and some don't. I know they have to be careful but some of the so call perfect foster parents in there eyes end up abusing and molesting the kids. My spouse was a man he admitted to his mistake and he cried in front of those people because he know that one weekend decision caused his nephew to be put in foster care and share some of the blame. Well since his sister is no where to be found we have no contact with the baby and we call the caseworker and they don't call back. I was looking on the Internet this week and found out that they was pertition his sister and father to show up at court on the 22 of this month for deprivation i know they won't be there but we will i know after that they'er be petition the court to terminate there parental right than the baby will go up for adoption to someone when the baby has a blood relative that wants him. Is there anything we can do.
    Depending on the state you are in, you should be able to have your case reviewed by the state to see if you can adopt the child. You should consult a lawyer in your state that specializes in family law. They should be able to tell you all the ins and outs of the process. However, if the child has been in foster care since birth, and the foster parents raising him are the ones that plan on adopting him, you may want to reconsider. It could be better for everyone if you built a relationship with the current/future family, rather than taking the child away from the only family he has ever known.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 18, my nephew is in foster care can I get custody of him? [ 8 Answers ]

My name is Bobbie Jo and I am deaf myself. I had adorable nephew who came to the world march 16,2007 he now is 3 months old and he's in foster home. There are so many special things about him. He is deaf in one ear and hearing in other ear, he changed my life. Everyday I wake up and I wish I could...

How can I adopt my nephew in foster care [ 25 Answers ]

Hello. My sister is on drugs really bad and she has been for quite some time. The social services people took her baby away from her (thank god.) Hew husband left after he found out the kid wasn't his. I am afraid the kid will get adopted and we will never see him again (the family that is). It S...

Foster baby in care with me 11 months, should he see me now? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, through an extended family emergency last year, I had 3 little boys in foster care with me. I had the older 2 just over a year & the younger was born during that time & I had him from the day he was born until 11 months. They went back at the end of November. I had told the parents that...

View more questions Search