Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mb2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 09:49 AM
    How old does a female dog have to be to be spayed?
    How old does a female dog have ot be to be spayed? I keep getting different answers, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, which is it?
    Does it depend on the vet? Or the dog?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2010, 10:34 AM

I go on the recommendation of my Vet - I've had dogs spayed at 8 weeks, dogs spayed at 4 months. My current dogs were BOTH spayed at 5 months because that's the Vet's policy.
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2010, 09:07 PM

My dog was neutered at 8 months. Before that he never went at a dog in heat, the day he tried to get my brothers dog (who was in heat) is the day his vet appointment made. My new pup with be neutered at about 6 months unless he starts to notice females in heat before that, then obviously he's ready. Just because there is a lot of people around here who don't spay there females I don't want my males filling up shelters, I'd leave it till a year if I could, but there is at least 5 females on my block that are not spayed, that could be over 100 pups a year!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a female cat is spayed wrong can she get pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My female cat mocha has been fixed for over 2yrs. But we got a male cat who was not fixed and as of a month ago she started not letting him around her and her tummy is getting big, I've cut back there food so they are not over eating and she sleeps a lot more than she use to.Im finding different...

Can a female dog get spayed while she has her period? [ 8 Answers ]

Can my female pug get spayed while she has her ministration

Recent spayed dog and new behaviors. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 6 month Aussiepoo who was recently spayed. Since then she is acting out in ways she wan't before such as barking, biting, and showing aggression. She even started peeing in the house. Why would this be happening and what do we do about it? We are first time dog owners and have enjoyed...

Incision Infection in Spayed Dog [ 1 Answers ]

My doxie-terrier pups were spade on Monday and have for the most part been recovering normally. Abby pulled out a couple of stitches Tuesday night, but the vet didn't seem overly concerned about it and assured us that her incision would heal normally. He also gave us Elizabethan collars for both...

Recently spayed dog barely eating.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 5 year old dog (pic below) which was spayed almost 6 days ago. She barely drinks or eats anything at all. She just nibbles a few small bites of food and then just leaves it. The dog had a very healthy appetite before this... eating about (2) 16oz cans of food, and a bowl of dry...

View more questions Search