Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tony1982 Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

Aug 31, 2012, 04:30 PM
    How can I get a hold of a statement of economic interest on a judge??
    Where can I get a statement of economic interest on a judge??
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2012, 04:42 PM
    Your question needs a lot of clarification. Please explain. Also what country this judge is in.

Aug 31, 2012, 05:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Your question needs a lot of clarification. Please explain. Also what country this judge is in.
    While I appreciate your help
    Philadelphia, pa. usa a statement of economic interest has to be filled out for a judge to be considered for office
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2012, 06:29 PM
    You still need to explain. Are you a judge, are you trying to be a judge, do you want to find out what is on file from a judge?

Aug 31, 2012, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You still need to explain. Are you a judge, are you trying to be a judge, do you want to find out what is on file from a judge?
    Please reread the question its self explanatory...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 31, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1982 View Post
    while i appreciate your help
    philadelphia, pa. usa a statement of economic interest has to be filled out for a judge to be considered for office
    Your question is not as self explanatory as you think. Reading between the lines, if PA does require that judges submit such a statement, and you want to see that statement, then there are three possibilities. First, would be to submit a petition to the Chief Judge for the court. The second would be to file under the state Freedom of Information act. The third would be if you are involved in litigation and you believe there was a conflict of interest, then you would subpoena the record as part of your appeal.

Aug 31, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Your question is not as self explanatory as you think. Reading between the lines, if PA does require that judges submit such a statement, and you want to see that statement, then there are three possibilities. First, would be to submit a petition to the Chief Judge for the court. The second would be to file under the state Freedom of Information act. The third would be if you are involved in litigation and you believe there was a conflict of interest, then you would subpoena the record as part of your appeal.
    I was told it could be had from a public library, is this true? This would be preferred, if not than how would it be had through the freedom of info act??

Sep 1, 2012, 04:49 AM
    I was told it could be had from a public library, is this true? this would be preferred, if not than how would it be had through the freedom of info act????
    I love statements like that. You were told... So why not ask the person who told you that? Frankly, I doubt if information like that is available at a library, but to check go into your local library and ask a librarian. It is more likely that it might be online at the court's web site. Try googling the judge's name and "statement of economic interest".

If it is not publicly available, then I would contact the clerk for the chief judge.

And, again, the reason you want this information may have a bearing.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 1, 2012, 05:07 AM
    No there are not available like that. You will have to make a effort and they will know you are wanting to see it. I believe that the Bar Association also retains a copy of it.

Sep 1, 2012, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    No there are not available like that. you will have to make a effort and they will know you are wanting to see it. I believe that the Bar Association also retains a copy of it.
    Thank you chuck you got my jist what's going to happen when the judge is made aware that I am requesting this info??

Sep 1, 2012, 07:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    I love statements like that. You were told... So why not ask the person who told you that? Frankly, I doubt if information like that is available at a library, but to check go into your local library and ask a librarian. It is more likely that it might be online at the court's web site. Try googling the judge's name and "statement of economic interest".

If it is not publicly available, then I would contact the clerk for the chief judge.

And, again, the reason you want this information may have a bearing.
    Thank you but I don't think my reason has any bearing, I have a right to this info , will they give it to me , even though I have a right to it?? Ps. Person who told me not accessible

Sep 1, 2012, 08:38 AM
    thankyou chuck you got my jist what's going to happen when the judge is made aware that i am requesting this info????
    We can't answer that without knowing why you want the info.

And yes, your reason has bearing since why you need it can dictate how you got about getting it.

Yes you may have a right to the info, you have lots of rights. But how you go about exercising those rights is a different matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not social Lack of motivation Can't sit still no interest in anything! Can't hold job! [ 3 Answers ]

:rolleyes:I am a 22 male . I went to counseling for about 3-4 years when I was younger for behavior problems and family problems . I was adopted by gparents at age 11 . I am a drop out 2 years in a row for fighting . I cannot keep a job for long at all maybe a week or 2 if that . I have no friends...

Judge statement [ 2 Answers ]

A judge in family court called me a fool for not having a lawyer representing me in his Courtroom what is my recourse against this judge.

Statement for Recipients of Interest Income [ 1 Answers ]

I received in the mail a tax document from the state I used to live in which states, for box 1, "Shows TOTAL OVERPAYMENT before credits, refunds, contributions, consumer's use tax payments and offsets of state and local income tax for a previous tax year. Any refund or overpayment for this amount...

Non controlling interest on cashflow statement [ 8 Answers ]

How do you account for non controlling interest on the cashflow statement

This is going to be my statement, if you where a judge would you give me what I ask? [ 11 Answers ]

I, blank blank declare: I am the mother of my kids name, who is now 5 and a half years old, and was born on December 3rd 2003. I am requesting sole legal and sole physical custody with no visitation rights of my son; for the following reasons: I the Petitioner consider Blank Blank, the...

View more questions Search