Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t3berry Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 07:16 AM
    2000 grand cherokee shifting problem.
    I have a 2000 grand cherokee with a 4.0. it takes for ever to shift out of 1st gear, the engine revs up to 3000rpm. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2010, 07:21 AM

Try dropping and cleaning the pan, changing the filter, and refilling with ATF+4. Repeat this procedure every 30,000 miles.

Here's how to easily do a super job yourself:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1873132

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tune up a 2000 grand cherokee [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to do a tune up on a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and am curious what parts I will need. I known spark plugs, but it doesn't appear to have wires like my Ford does(I'm doing this for my fiance's vehicle). It is the 6 cylinder model as well Any help would be greatly appreciated

2000 jeep grand cherokee won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2000 jeep grand cherokee 6 cylinder that will turn over but will not start. I do not see a distributer, a plug wire, or spark plug, Please help me.

I only have reverse in my 2000 jeep grand cherokee. [ 3 Answers ]

Does the transmission cumputer control this or does it only control when it shifts.

2000 Grand Cherokee Power Locks/Tail Light etc. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey you, I just purchased a 2000 Grand Cherokee and I love it... However: *The power locks are all going, they make a grinding noise whenver you try to lock/unlock them. I read somewhere about a Universal Actuator but can't find them anywhere, or any kind of Grand Cherokee power lock...

2000 jeep grand cherokee lardeo keeps stalling [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 2000 jeep grand cherokee laredo and it keeps stalling on me. It will stall while I'm driving.and sometimes when its stopped... alot of times it don't give you any clue that it is going to stall (it was great when I was doing 70 on the high way in the high speed lane with someone tail...

View more questions Search