Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsm445 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2006, 11:56 AM
    No Child support/No license
    My son-in-law lost his license for not paying child support. This
    Happened over a year ago. He has had a full-time job now for 14 months where his wages were attached. What does he needto do to get his license back?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 28, 2006, 01:58 PM
    Pay child support.

Or go to court and explain to a judge that he should get his license back and there were extenuating circumstances why he couldn't pay.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2006, 04:32 PM
    He is suppose to pay all late child support till there are no late payments.
    Then he can get his licence.

A couple possible, since he has a garnishment, the judge may approve giving his licence back to him if court law allows it with late child support due

A hardship licnece to drive to and from work may be granted if the judge thinks it is needed.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2006, 07:25 PM
    If his wages were attached then why did he lose his license? If his wages were attached then he was paying the child support. Does he have pay stubs proving that his wages have been attached? How about a leter from his employer stating that child support payments were made to the designated agency on his behalf? Any documentation that shows that payments have been made should be enough to get his license reinstated.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2006, 05:59 AM
    Hi,
    Go to your local Court House, then go to the Court Clerk's Office. They can help you with how to proceed with having a hearing with the Judge.
    sonja johnson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2008, 02:47 PM
    How do I find out if my son is still in foster care since he turned 18 last month or if he had been adopted, which was suppose to have been the case nearly 4 or5 years ago. No one has never notified me of the situation and would give very little information about or cocerning my son while he was in foster care. I've tried contacting the attorney that was handling the case but he no longer worhs out of the office that he was at 4 years ago. Do I need to go to the court that the case was filed in pertaining to my sons foster care placement?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 06:00 PM
    He should have his license already if he does not then there is a system that's messing up because if he went to court and they take it from his check they are supposed to give it back right away.. at least in some states. If this is out of Cali then he needs to contact child support serviced and get it straightened out. They mess up all the time.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 05:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsm445
    My son-in-law lost his license for not paying child support. This
    happened over a year ago. He has had a full-time job now for 14 months where his wages were attached. What does he needto do to get his license back?

Whatever needs to be done, he needs to do it. You have no legal standing in this.

What State? Some are more liberal than others; some won't give the license back unless the arrearages are paid, others give hardship licenses.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2008, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sonja johnson
    how do i find out if my son is still in foster care since he turned 18 last month or if he had been adopted, which was suppose to have been the case nearly 4 or5 years ago. no one has never notified me of the situation and would give very little information about or cocerning my son while he was in foster care. i've tried contacting the attorney that was handling the case but he no longer worhs out of the office that he was at 4 years ago. do i need to go to the court that the case was filed in pertaining to my sons foster care placement?

Okay, I'm confused - didn't you have a question about getting your driver's license back after it was suspended for failure to pay child support for someone turning 18? If that was you you must have SOME idea where he is and if he's been adopted. Or is the child support a very old debt?

Confused.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, my husband has 2 kids from a previous marriage, we pay child support on time, which is 30% of my husbands net income. However his ex earns a lot more than he does and has a lot less financial responsibilities compared to us as she lives for free with her parents who take care of everything. We...

Child support? [ 9 Answers ]

I have had this question on my mind for a while now, so I thought I would ask it and hope someone here knows the answer. Hypothetically, lets say I got this random girl at a party pregnant. Let’s say I have no interest in being a father. Could I sign away all my rights as a father and...

View more questions Search