Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevin123456 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2007, 07:00 PM
    How old do you have to be to choose which parent you want to live with?I'm
    I'm 16 ill be 17 in June. My parents are still together just rarely speak. And I was wonderning how old does the child have to be to choose which parent can have full custody of him/her. I want to live with my dad because my mom doesn't support me in what I do in any way. And I want my dad to have full custody of me.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Kevin, sorry to hear about your situation. Are you parents actively seeking to split up or is this just something you are wondering about? If they do split up, you have every right to speak up and state with whom you would prefer to live. However, it is all up to your parents. If both your Dad and Mom, want you to live with your Mom, you can say something but if they are in agreement, you will be living with your Mom. If they agree that you should live with your Dad, then it is not an issue. If they can't agree, then it will be considered a custody battle and will eventually go in front of a Judge. At your age, they Judge most likely will allow you to live with your Dad. You are old enough so that your preference will be a deciding factor.
    Kriscool Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2007, 08:57 PM
    I agree, From what you told us your dad sounds like the right person to go with. It will only be another 1-2 years before you can move out anyway.

Kriscool

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who should I choose [ 5 Answers ]

OK I'm going out with this guy and I love him and everything but there's another guy that I also like and I no he likes me. But the problem is, is that I'm stuck between both of them. They both told me that they love hanging out with me becoz I make them happy. I don't no which I too choose. I love...

Age A child can choose which parent to live with [ 3 Answers ]

I have a daughter who lives in Michigan and stayed there when my husband and I moved to Arizona. She is now calling every night crying that she wants to move back in with us but her other parent will not allow it. How is it that a child's voice can not be heard. I am completely blown away that a...

Which one to Choose? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm quite new to computer and I've been asked to advise on which Program to choose for a company-Off-the-shelve application package or Bespoke Application package. Please help me to give a very meaningful answer as to the advantages and disadvanges each have over the other. Thank you.

Wife works and live in nj, I live and work in ny [ 1 Answers ]

Due to my job in nyc, I have to maintain a residence nyc. I rent not own a house in nyc. My wife lives in a house with our kids in nj and also works there. How do we file for taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search