Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natashaamaral Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 09:29 PM
    Being sued for credit card balance
    I just got served for a credit I need to response within 10 days how dow I do it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by natashaamaral
    I just got served for a credit i need to response within 10 days how dow i do it?

What State? You must decide - if you are going to fight the Judgment - what your grounds will be. It's not your debt; it's out of Statute; it's been paid.
    natashaamaral Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 08:37 PM
    The sate is California I owe it but have no money to pay I have an outstanding debt with the IRS that I am settling
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2008, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by natashaamaral
    the sate is california I owe it but have no money to pay i have an outstanding debt with the irs that i am settling

Well, not having money to pay the debt is not a defense. You can always answer but you really have nothing much to say and you will spend time answering. You can always answer in an attempt to delay the inevitable.

Have you tried to work out some sort of minimal payment plan?

Even it you appear it doesn't sound like you can do too much to stop the Judgment - as I said, no money is not a defense.

Are you sure it's not out of Statute? That often happens.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 17, 2008, 07:19 AM
    I suggest you browse through the threads in this forum and also in Bankruptcy & Debt and Credit. There are loads of threads from people in a similar situation to you and those threads contain advice on what to do.

If you have any specific questions after doing so, please feel free to ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Served a summons/being sued for credit card debt/first time being sued [ 2 Answers ]

I have been served a summons by first class mail of a lawsuit against me by an asset collection agency on behalf of a credit card company. The asset company has purchased the debt,in an amount just over $1000. My question is how do I proceed as I have never been sued before. I currently am...

I am being sued by credit card co. [ 35 Answers ]

I am being sued (I guess) by Capitol One. I was served a notice 3 nights ago, to appear on March 1 at 1:30 pm, no court room, just the main address. It says it is a mediation/pretrial conference, but it is confusing. The debt they are listing is a valid debt, the amount is questionable. I through...

Being sued for a credit card [ 1 Answers ]

I am being sued by Arrow Financial Services for a credit card they bought from Washington Mutual Bank. I don't know what to do, should I contact them or their attorney. They say I owe 2700.00 but I think that is way to high. I really don't want to go to court. If someone could please help.

Being sued for credit card I don't own [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way to handle being sued for a mastercard I've never own and never heard of?

Being Sued by credit card [ 3 Answers ]

I was served with papers this afternoon about an old credit card debt that I thought I settled but guess I didn't. I called the law office number provided and she was extreamly rude to me. I explained to her that there was no way that I owed that much and she said "Well you do now" I told her that...

View more questions Search