Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chris Schilling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Felony conviction and travel visa
    I was convicted of "transporting with intent to distrubute marijuana (450 lbs)" and served 8 and 1/2 years. I have another 3 years of supervised federal release. After my commitment is served, will I have any restrictions when applying for a visa to travel outside of the country? Are there certain countries that I can't visit?
    Chris Schilling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 04:51 PM
    I have a felony convictiion and also currently on supervised federal release for 3 more years. Upon completion of probation, will I have any restrictions obtaining a visa and traveling outside of the United States?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Hello Chris:

I would think not. Although there are countries that won't issue a visa to a felon, and I have no idea how they would know. Canada is one. There are others.

excon
    chandlerman09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2009, 09:06 AM

I had a theft conviction in 1995 and 3 felony DUI's before 2000. All sentences done. Parole completed 2004. No tickets what so ever since June 30, 1999.

Can I get travel visas since 10 years has passed since any convicitions and 5 years since I was paroled.
    Thanks,
    chandlerman09
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2009, 09:14 AM

Hello c:

You can get a passport, but it's up to the individual countries whether they'll issue a visa or not. Some will - some won't.

excon
    KINGMOSES Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2010, 07:22 PM
    Canada only stops people with a reco conviction from entering
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2010, 05:41 AM

Hello King:

You'd think that if you're going to YELL, that you'd at least be yelling the RIGHT information - but you AREN'T. ANY felony will prevent a person from entry.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honesty on job appl with felony conviction [ 15 Answers ]

I live in Ohio. Was convicted last year of 2 felony counts of welfare fraud (failure to report changes). Though I have a degree I couldn't get a job at Wal-Mart if honest about my conviction. Which I was on 90% of applications and about starved. Finally ignored question on a couple of...

Can my wife still own a gun with my felony conviction [ 7 Answers ]

I will be sentenced soon to a felony wire fraud conviction. I own several firearms and had a concelaed weapons permit. Obvoiusly all that is now gone forever, but can my wife still own a gun and keep in same household? I have read conflicitng ideas on this and am trying to get the real details.

Felony conviction hurting professional career [ 5 Answers ]

I have a felony drug conviction on my record from 8 years ago, for which I did 3 years in state prison. Since getting out, Ive completed 3 years of college and have a 3.9 gpa. I interned at a major insurance company (will remain nameless), after my internship they offered me a full time position. ...

Felony and International Travel [ 10 Answers ]

I have a felony conviction from 2 years ago. I already hold a valid US Passport. I want to travel to Mexico. When I return and check in at immigration will they be able to see I have a felony and left the country without permission? Will they notify my parole? Thanks

Reclaiming social acceptance after a felony domestic violence conviction [ 11 Answers ]

In 1998 I was convicted of "felony menacing with a deadly weapon" after losing my composure for a split second, during a very ugly separation in the state of Colorado. No one was injured, or touched in anyway during the commission of my crime. I served my time, completed counseling, psychotherapy,...

View more questions Search