Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kobold Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2005, 09:26 AM
    Can't remember the title...
    It was a British movie made in the 1950's (I think) in black & white. It had a creepy quality to it involving a group of strangers arriving in a cottage and slowly a feeling of Deja-vu begins to disturb them - coming to a climax after the breaking of a wine glass. It's one of those eternal loop films, ending where it began in that "Groundhog Day" style. If anyone can think of the title of it I would be grateful - been searching for it for years.
    Petrie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2005, 02:51 PM
    Can 't remember the title.
    Can you think any thing else about the movie? Who was in it? If it was British, we might not know the names of the actors. I do love those old British movies. Just off the top of my head I think of "And then there were none" Old Agatha Christi book made into a movie. Probably nothing like this one.

Petrie
    Kobold Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 04:19 AM
    Not an Agatha Christie movie, but done a very similar vane. I can only recall one actor from it... but can't recall his name, nor can I track him down on the internet. A bald man, probably in his late 40's or early 50's at the time - not that this is much help. He was the character around which it all revolved, after the breaking of the glass that I mentioned in my first thread, he becomes convinced that he is going to murder someone - one of the others in the cottage. I vaguely recall them all going through stories about how they ended up here, kind-of like "The pit and the pendulum".
    larles Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2005, 09:44 AM
    I am sorry I can not help you out. It sounds like a Twilight Zone thing. I too have been looking for a movie for years. I think I saw it back in the sixties. It was spy movie. I think a Japanese agent had plastic surgery to make him look like an American. He came to the U.S. as a young man and enrolled in college for the purpose of getting into the U.S. military and to become a trusted friend to American military men. It was kind of like "No Way Out" with Kevin Costner. I would say it was made in the late 40s or early 50s. It was black and white.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 31, 2013, 02:03 PM
    Dead of Night (1945 UK)
    Wikipedia synopsis:
    Architect Walter Craig arrives at a country house party where he reveals to the assembled guests that he has seen them all in a dream. He appears to have no prior personal knowledge of them but he is able to predict spontaneous events in the house before they unfold. The other guests attempt to test Craig's foresight, while entertaining each other with various tales of uncanny or supernatural events that they experienced or were told about. These include a racing car driver's premonition of a fatal bus crash; a light hearted tale of two obsessed golfers, one of whom becomes haunted by the other's ghost; a ghostly encounter during a children's Christmas party; a haunted antique mirror; and the story of an unbalanced ventriloquist who believes his amoral dummy is truly alive. The framing story is then capped by a twist ending.

The architect is certain that someone is going to be killed. When the murder occurs, the whole thing starts again.

Dead of Night - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remember title... [ 2 Answers ]

I need help finding the title of a book that was read to me a long time ago. I think it was a short chapter book, but it's about this boy who is trying to catch all sorts of birds (I think partridges) and figures out in order to catch them he puts some sort of sleeping medicine in berries and they...

Can't remember title [ 2 Answers ]

Hey! I really need help with this. I remember reading the book in a library when I was nine or ten.. so the book was of the teen variety, I'm guessing. Anyway, it was about two boys, best friends. One lived beside a girl who always tanned in her pool in her bikini... it was their goal that...

Movie... Can't remember the title [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie. I think that it was made in the 80's or maybe the early 90's. I think it is about a children's book author who is suspected of putting messages into the books... they may have been communist messages. I can't really remember. I think that some agent...

Old movie I can't remember the title? [ 1 Answers ]

This was an old Black and White movie Post WWII I think, it may have tried to Build off Bogarts "Sahara". This Black and White movie is set in the desert and a group of people dig up a buried Tank (left over from WWII?) and manage to get it running just in time to use it to fight off an army of...

View more questions Search