Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmhenry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2010, 01:23 PM
    Lost the remote to our ceiling fan - any way to operate fan without remote?
    We have lost the remote to a generic brand ceiling fan. The light still works, but cannot get the fan to work without the remote - any way to override the remote feature and operate the fan - air conditioning is out in house and we are miserable!!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 13, 2010, 02:28 PM

Wondering how you can control the light kit on this fan with no remote unless the light was on when the remote went awall and you are now using pull chains or a wall switch. No bi-pass for the remote, remove it. Before I tell you how to connect your wiring I need to know if you have pull chains, a single wall switch or a double wall switch. Back to you
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 11:43 PM

Does the fan have pullchains?

Ceiling fan remote controls - help and FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    railroadman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2011, 08:48 AM
    I have a Hunter Bay ceiling fan w/remote. The receiver is inside
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 13, 2011, 10:48 AM

Proably should be starting your own questuion rather than tagging onto a yewar old post. What is your question by the way?
    antpenny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 12:36 PM
    2 chains 1 light 1 fan 1 single light switch
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 21, 2012, 01:21 PM
    antpenny, did you use to be dmhenry?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change ceiling fan remote batteries on a hamilton bay remote control unit [ 3 Answers ]

Before I break the darn thing, can you tell me if the back panel comes off or if I have to unscrew the top and bottom screws?

Harbor Breeze ceiling fan wall remote and LCD remote [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I've just installed 2 harbor breeze fans that came with LCD remote. Everything works as they suppose to. 2 remotes controlling each fan with dip SW set up. Then, I thought it would be nice if I purchase the wall remote unit so that I do not have to search for remote all the time....

Hunter lost remote & cannot operate fan [ 1 Answers ]

I lost the remote to the Hunter fan and light. I can operate the light manually but NOT the fan. Is there a way to do this easily? If I have to open this to do something, do I have to take the blades off too?I had hand surgery and can only use 1 hand right now!

Tip: Hampton Bay Remote Fan - Fan works by remote, lights do not. [ 10 Answers ]

I figured this may help somebody here. I have a Hampton Bay remote controlled ceiling fan... the kind without pull chains... and the remote will only operate the fan portion but not the light. The light is always on. Not a big deal, as the light switch on the wall could be used to turn the light...

Remote Ceiling Fan- Lost REmote [ 2 Answers ]

I have a remote ceiling fan - the remote is lost- it has no pull on and off - is there a backup way to turn this fan on and off?

View more questions Search