Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snowny555 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2014, 11:52 AM
    TOD stocks
    If parent gives you 2770 shares on TOD at a price on 13.9, do I get the new stock price at TOD or when given to me?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 21, 2014, 01:16 PM
    "TOD" = transfer on death, correct?

Since you inherited these shares, your cost basis is the fair market value of the shares as of the date of death of the decedent. In some rare cases an alternate valuation date is used which is 6 months after date of death, but this is rare and only comes into play if the executor had to file an estate tax return and chose to use the alternate date - if you're not sure about it ask the executor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat had a baby over 24h ago and it looks like she is going again after being fine tod [ 1 Answers ]

My cat had a baby over 24h ago and the baby didne't make it she has been fine all today and just very affectionate around 5:00 she started acting strange like she was unconfortable and something was comeing out from behind also had some bleeding almost the same as when she was having her first baby...

T-O-D 12Sh22 H24V Where to get the sequencers TOD 308771, 308734, 309576 ? [ 1 Answers ]

Question: Where can I get these following sequencers for my old furnace- T-O-D 308771, 308734, 309576? Thank you.

TOD of Real Property [ 2 Answers ]

My Father recently passed away. He had previously made my 3 sisters and I equal deed holders on his real property by doing a TOD. I would like to know how this effects the will? Which was written previous the TOD being done.

View more questions Search